Rutherford Cross are delighted to be exclusively partnered with a global engineering firm to help appoint a Group Accountant. The business has grown significantly in recent years through a combination of M&A activity and organic growth and has a global presence. This position represents a key hire for them in their west of Scotland operation. On offer is a salary of up to 50k + up to 10% bonus and a hybrid working model.
Ideally, we are looking for a qualified accountant with some degree of post-qualification experience. The business is happy to look at people who are remain in practice or who qualified in industry/moved to industry. Ideally if you were coming from industry, you would have had some involvement with external auditors. This opportunity represents an excellent next step for someone seeking a move into a varied role within a global company.
Ownership of Group Management and ERP Cost Centres:
- Manage reporting of the Group management and ERP cost centres - preparing results in SAP, reporting results in Cognos and reviewing and reporting actual positions on a monthly basis with the Group FC, CFO and CEO. This involves managing a budgeted spend of £5m.
- Preparation of related balance sheet reconciliations.
- Manage the forecast and budget process for the above cost centres.
Assist with Group Internal and Board Reporting:
- Fortnightly Reporting – Assist with the preparation of the Group MidMonth report, ensuring integrity of numbers and completeness of commentary.
- Monthly Reporting – Assist with generation of accurate and complete commentaries for the monthly Group report and ensure integrity of numbers.
- Assist with the production of the Group Monthly Reporting Pack for the Executive team, Board and other external stakeholders.
- The above involves working directly with the GFC, CFO and the CEO.
Involvement in the Group Cost Centre Forecast/ Budget Process:
- Assist with the co-ordination of the Group Forecast/ Budget Process, including preparation of forecast/budget instructions, creating reporting templates, production of the Group PowerPoint Pack and management of the overall timetable.
- Supporting the senior management team with ad hoc financial analysis
- Collation of financial reporting analysis requested from Group.
Run the Group Statutory Audit Process
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this market leading opportunity please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 500 / [email protected]