Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working with a successful, global business to recruit a Group Accountant for their head office based in Glasgow city centre.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a recently qualified accountant to join a company with a track record of promoting candidates from within, creating fantastic career development opportunities. The finance department has a wealth of experience and talent for a recently qualified accountant to learn from and develop under and as such this is a great first move after qualifying.
Day to day duties will contribute towards the department’s aims, which include:
- Play a part in ensuring that any existing business processes, new business processes and any technical accounting developments which have financial implications for the group accounts are accurately reflected in the general ledger and related accounting models
- Ensure that appropriate ledger structures are in place across the Group and that technical accounting developments are incorporate where required
- Implementing centralised control processes for the general ledger and related accounting modules to ensure that accurate financial information flows into the Group Reporting and is compliant with all relevant accounting and legal requirements
- Qualified accountant with demonstrable technical accounting skills
- Be highly numerate with strong analytical skills and the ability to present complex financial information clearly and concisely to stakeholders
- Influencing skills and the ability to interact effectively and constructively challenge if required, across the organisation
- Salary £37,000-£42,000
- Bonus up to 10%
- 36 days annual leave (plus additional day for volunteering)
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Life assurance / death in service