Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working with J&J Denholm on a retained basis to appoint a Group Accountant.
J&J Denholm is a family owned business with close to 150 years of experience operating in four areas: shipping, logistics, seafoods and industrial services which account for over £240m of turnover per year.
A Group Accountant role has become available in the organisation, reporting directly into the Group Financial Controller based in Glasgow. This will be a key, hands on role within the group reporting function.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join an established business, with ambitious plans for the future, by playing a key role in its journey.
For more information on J&J Denholm please visit: https://www.denholm-group.co.uk/
The role is based in the J&J Denholm head office in Glasgow with the successful candidate reporting directly to the Group Financial Controller.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a newly qualified or recently qualified accountant to take their first step into industry. Working as part of a small team the role will be diverse, exciting and challenging. Given the diverse nature of the operations there will be excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to grow and develop in different areas.
- Preparation of management accounts for the Group’s Shipping division
- Supporting and assisting the Group Financial Controller with:
- Monthly management reporting, including the consolidation of Group results
- Year-end activities such as statutory reporting
- Liaising with external auditors
- Assisting with Group treasury and cash management activities
- Responsible for internal audit fieldwork and reporting
- Any other duties as required
Preferred Candidate Background
The position requires a high calibre individual who has strong interpersonal skills, is detail orientated and possesses excellent technical knowledge. A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Newly qualified (preferably CA)
- Strong technical foundation in accounting
- Confidence and strong interpersonal skills, especially when interfacing with senior management and internal/external stakeholders
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, manage deadlines and prioritise effectively
- Energy, drive, tenacity, professionalism and commitment
- Strong IT skills with good knowledge of MS Excel and accounting packages
- Ability to work well in a team, but also capable of taking ownership for the delivery of specific tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Salary: £36,000 - £42,000 (depending on experience)
Bonus: Discretionary annual bonus based on personal and company performance
Pension: Employee contribution 2.5% and employer 12.5%
Holidays: 30 days (including bank holidays)
Medical Care: Private Medical Insurance (after 2 years’ service)
Life Cover: Death in Service
Professional Fees: Yes
Working Hours: 35 hours per week
Applications should be sent to [email protected]