Headquartered in Glasgow, this independent provider offers numerous financial services to private clients, corporates, professional practices, and non-profit organisations. In addition, it has an international capability covering over 100 countries that has continued to rapidly expand.
The company takes pride in providing an award-winning service to both customers and clients alike. Its focus is on wealth creation, management and preservation and as a result of this unique approach it sets itself apart from its competitors.
The team that this role will be operating within specialises in providing stock broking and investment management. The purpose of the role will be to complete technical accounting derivatives to a high standard and abide by the regulatory guidelines.
The main duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Provide accounting solutions to funds for validation and regulatory compliance
- Calculate daily Net Asset Values
- Prepare accurate interim & annual long and short reports within agreed timescales and ensure timely delivery of the reports to Compliance, Trustee, and clients
- Prepare daily and weekly pricing analysis
- Perform accounting functions including cash projections, FX transfers and P&L analysis.
- Perform month end control processes.
- To contribute and participate in ad hoc projects
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Qualified/ Part Qualified ACCA/CIMA/CA accountant or qualified by experience
- Strong communication skills so that problems and updates can be properly reported to colleagues and external parties
- Planning and organising – proficient in adopting a methodical approach to work
- Technical experience: sound knowledge of regulations relating to the accounts production and business area
- Previous Fund accounting experience preferable