Rutherford Cross has been exclusively engaged to support with the recruitment for an exciting, newly created, commercial finance role. The position would suit an experienced part qualified / finalist / newly qualified accountant looking move into forward thinking, dynamic organisation.
This role is primarily responsible for providing financial analysis, support and control to the European business. This is a hands on role and will be involved in the internal financial reporting cycle – month end, forecasting, flash, budget and rolling three year plan. Alongside this the role will aid the external reporting cycle providing customers and stakeholders with financial reports and analysis as required. It is also expected that the role will provide management with valuable insights into financial drivers within the fuels business aiding decision making and helping to improve the business performance.
- Providing expertise to ensure robust financial control and planning for the business units
- Maintaining the financial oversight for the business units
- Complete month end process for multiple locations in finance systems according to reporting deadlines
- Assist with preparation of weekly flash, quarterly forecasts, annual budgets and a rolling 3-year plan
- Analysis of location financials and KPIs using SUN and Hyperion systems
- Identification of opportunities and risks for airports in the region
- Develop detailed working knowledge of key systems – billing, rostering, labour and purchasing, to ensure accuracy of financial reporting
- Proactively engage with management to enhance understanding of their respective financials and assisting in optimising financial performance
- Assist with the smooth integration of new start-up operations into financial reporting processes, ensuring adoption of robust financial controls
- Assist with pricing proposals for new customers and preparation of capex papers
In order to be considered for the role you will:
- Either be studying towards or have completed your accountancy qualifications (ACCA / CIMA / CA or equivalent)
- Have a positive, can-do attitude with a willingness to learn
- Be willing to go the extra mile
- Take a keen interest in developing the role
- Experience within a similar position
In return you will be offered a generous salary and benefits packaging including full study support for anyone working towards their accountancy qualifications.