The Financial Reports Assistant role will offer a unique opportunity to be involved in the early set up of the CSL finance function working with the Senior Finance Manager, Head of Accounting and Director of Finance on a day to day basis. This will be a wide and varied role as we move through the design and implementation phase of CSL to standing up a fully operating entity and the reporting requirements that come with that.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
CSL will manage the deposits received and deposit payments (of 20p) made on approx. 3 billion scheme articles. The Core DRS system will collect all the transactions which monitor the circular flow of the Scheme Articles from when they are deposited on the market by producers to when they are returned and recycled. These transaction flows will translate into finance transactions for billing. CSL will outsource operations and logistics activities to a third party and will outsource the operation and maintenance of the core DRS IT system. The Financial Reports Assistant will work closely with the Head of Accounting to ensure completion of the monthly and statutory reports as well as forecasting and control of the invoicing and reconciliations process. The remit will be incredibly varied offering plenty of opportunity for additional project work and exposure to different areas of the organisation.
This role will deliver the following for CSL:
- Preparation of monthly accounts supported by hand offs from the Accounting Team
- Payment of supplier invoices
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations
- Sage accounting enhancement of existing processes before commencing transition to the wider system architecture, including establishing supplier invoice history, payroll validation
- Set up a Fixed Asset register for CSL and integrate into the wider system architecture
- Implement robust internal PO process for all supplier invoices
- Work with Head of Accounting to document new business processes across AR, AP, Journals and Banking for the go live of DRS and the wider architecture
- Undertake UAT of new processes established as we move through the build phase of the accounting system for DRS and Non-DRS activities
- Assist in preparation of external statutory and regulatory reports where required
- Support all internal and external reporting obligations where required
- Establish key controls in all processes
Qualifications and Experience:
- Working towards an accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, ICAS)
- Self-motivated individual with a desire to expand their accounting experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work collaboratively across functions
- Strong excels skills and systems literate
- Knowledge of the drinks and/or waste management industries
- An interest in environmental issues
An attractive financial package is available commensurate with background and experience required for the role. In addition to a competitive salary in the region of £30-38,000 per annum, 33 days annual leave (statutory days included), pension scheme, you will work within a collaborative and social team focused on delivering results. (Additional benefits package is being developed).