Rutherford Cross delighted to be engaged by a leading bank based in Edinburgh looking to appoint a Financial Reporting Manager into their Finance team to be based in Edinburgh. This is an exciting opportunity where you will take on responsibility for the Bank’s statutory and Group reporting obligations.
- Deliver the statutory reporting obligations of the Bank on a timely and accurate basis, including the annual financial statements.
- Ensure the Bank’s ongoing technical accounting compliance with the requirements of IFRS and Group accounting policy.
- Assess the technical accounting implications of any new products/initiatives/projects and accounting standards, ensuring these are understood and appropriately reflected in the Bank’s financial statements and disclosures.
- Oversee the Bank’s critical accounting estimates and judgements (including IFRS 9 impairments), providing quarterly updates to Board Audit Committee.
- Manage the consolidation of the Bank’s subsidiary undertakings to support monthly reporting to Group, alongside disclosures for Group interim and full year financial statements.
- Deliver, in conjunction with Group Tax, accurate corporation tax accounting in accordance with relevant guidance and legislation, and timely submission of returns and payments to HMRC.
- Maintain robust processes and controls in relation to financial reporting, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and collaboration across the business.
- Support the wider Financial Control team in completion of monthly and annual financial close processes, including review of relevant balance sheet reconciliation controls.
In order to be considered for this opportunity will be:
- Qualified accountant with 3+ years’ experience.
- Significant financial reporting experience and knowledge of IFRS, gained in industry or practice.
- Prior experience of financial services, particularly retail banking, would be beneficial.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation, e.g. able to translate complex / technical issues to meet the audience's competency level.
- Highly numerate, with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong relationship management skills.
This role is offering a competitive salary and benefits package.