RPC bpi packaging solutions, part of Berry Global, manufactures an extensive range of flexible packaging films that help to protect, secure and enhance a wide variety of products across many different markets. The company is one of Europe’s largest recyclers of polyethylene films and also produces Sustane, its own range of polymers made from recycled plastics. RPC bpi’s commitment to sustainability, innovation and excellence drives the business to ensure it delivers the packaging solutions that customers and consumers demand. RPC bpi has 3 major UK sites and a Head Office function based at Greenock, Inverclyde. The turnover for the UK business is circa £400m with the business totalling $1bn globally.
RPC bpi recycles plastics at its state-of-the-art recycling centres across Europe. The types of waste plastic bpi handles can be grouped into three classes - industrial waste, packaging waste and agricultural waste. RPC bpi provides a European wide waste plastic collection service for those looking to recycle polythene and help the environment.
Products & Markets
Serving a broad range of markets is a testament to RPC bpi’s extensive product portfolio range. The business is customer focused, delivering value added solutions to the most demanding packaging needs. The markets RPC bpi’s supplies to can be put into the following 6 categories:
RPC bpi is the 'go to' supplier for some of Europe's largest brands, providing FFS film, shrink, sheet or more specialist products.
Offering the most comprehensive and high-performance packaging range for chemical applications. RPC bpi packaging solutions have extensive experience of delivering bags, sheet, tubes or something more bespoke for VFFS, FFS and other complex packing lines.
The company is one of Europe’s leading packaging suppliers for construction packaging. RPC bpi produces high quality and innovative products, ranging from FS, pallet protection and insulation that are both strong and durable.
Its wide range of flexible consumer packaging solutions ensures brand and sustainability prominence on a crowded shelf, ranging from printed, unprinted, sheet, bag, tubular film or at times, more technical items.
Food & Beverage
RPC bpi is the packaging innovation leaders for the food and beverage sector, offering the most advanced packaging films possible for the most demanding uses.
Manufacturing products for a range of industrial packaging applications, from pallet protection, bagging or tubular films.
At RPC bpi packaging solutions sustainability moves beyond care for the environment, and encompasses care for employees, as well as care for the communities in which it operates. This means being a good partner and a corporate steward, focused on leaving the world in a better state than how RPC bpi found it.
RPC bpi has set some significant targets in order to ensure it delivers on commitments to protect both its people and the planet. By focusing these commitments under 5 key pillars of; people, environment, product, supply chain and community, RPC bpi ensures to deliver them over next few years.
The most important and substantive goals RPC bpi has set are:
- have zero accidents amongst all of its staff, its contractors and visitors to sites and premises
- To produce only 100% recyclable products by 2023
- To reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions by 25% by 2025 (vs 2016/17 baseline)
- To reduce energy and water consumption by 1% per annum
- Achieve zero waste to landfill across its operations
To watch a short video on RPC bpi’s mission please click here.
Background to the Opportunity
As RPC bpi continues to grow, with an even greater focus on sustainability, the company is looking to appoint a Financial Reporting Manager. The role has become vacant as the result of a recent internal promotion.
This is a key position within a large-scale business with a genuine focus on sustainability and a track record of retaining high performing employees. The successful individual will be joining a company that is able to boast a very high level of employee retention. It is crucial that the appointed candidate is a proven finance manager with the ability to lead and develop a team, and willing to implement best practice from other roles they have taken on in their career to date.
The appointed individual will support the Group Financial Controller and must be eager to develop positive working relationships with site Finance Directors, in addition to managing their team. The Financial Reporting Manager will possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
The Financial Reporting Manager will lead the Financial Reporting team, consisting of 8 qualified accountants and 6 part-qualified/QBEs. The Financial Reporting Manager will take ownership of ensuring month end reporting deadlines are met, managing the external audit process and play an active role in process improvement.
Working for our Group Controller, this role will be an integral part of the Financial Reporting team. The main accountabilities of this role are as follows:
- Lead and drive the financial reporting team to ensure they deliver a first-class service to the business
- Deliver the month and year end reporting processes to the Group’s timetable
- Engage with stakeholders to build closer working relationships with the Financial Reporting team
- Work with the Group Controller on group reporting requirements which will include audits and tax support
- Ensure application and maintenance of the SOX reporting environment
- Ensure that all internal control policies and procedures are followed
- Promote an environment of continuous improvement which will include a review of all processes and reporting requirements
- Ensure that all employees are developed to promote career development
The Financial Reporting Manager should have significant financial accounting experience preferably within a large environment. The ideal candidate will have proven experience of leading a financial reporting team where they have developed excellent people management skills. Attention to detail, accuracy and ability to think creatively and independently are critical within this position.
Key candidate requirements are as follows:
- An experienced and appropriately qualified accountant (ideally CA/ACA) with a proven track record of success within a similar, challenging role
- A dynamic, driven and proactive finance professional who thrives in a fast-paced business with strict reporting deadlines
- A proven track record in leading financial reporting teams
- Willing to take ownership for the external audit process
- A strong relationship builder who can gain buy-in from the team and site Financial Controllers
- Demonstrable experience of process improvement and implementing financial controls
- Experience within manufacturing or working with Sarbanes Oxley is desirable but not critical
- Experience of Navision and Cognos IT Systems is advantageous
Working Model: Hybrid 50/50 office/home split
- Working Hours: 5 hours per week with 30 minutes for lunch each day
- Core Hours: Between 9:30am - 4:00pm Mon-Thu, 9:30am – 2:30pm Fri
- Pension: Matched at 7.5%
- Holidays: 33 days including bank holidays
- Bonus: Up to 4%
- Death in Service: 5 * salary, provided opted into pension scheme, otherwise 2 * salary
- Private Healthcare: Single cover
- Other Benefits: Permanent Health Insurance, 60% of base salary up to age 65
For more information on remuneration please contact Jonathan Donnelly at Rutherford Cross.