Rutherford Cross is working with a highly reputable business based in Edinburgh who are looking to add a Financial Reporting Assistant Accountant to their team for the next 7 months. Working as part of the finance team which provides the financial reporting for the business including preparing statutory accounts with regulatory financial and capital reporting and appropriate tax filings. Other key areas being handled by finance are payments, payroll, pensions and expenses.
The main purpose of this role is to assist with the financial reporting for the relevant entities. Some of the key areas the candidate would assist with will be:
- Monthly, quarterly and annual accounts and estimates packages, regulatory and tax returns and filings of applicable entities
- Financial, capital and liquidity management, administration and dealing with ad hoc developments of applicable entities
- Year-end and other audits of applicable entities
- Ad hoc queries from the reports for management and other departments as and when required
- Statistical reporting
- Submission and liaison with internal and external parties
- Prepare ad hoc reports
- Provide cover and assist other team members
For this role the business are seeking a part qualified accountant who ideally has been working for a larger international business and has strong systems knowledge with a good excel ability. The business are offering a salary of up to £35,000, bonus opportunity and an excellent benefits package.