Rutherford Cross is excited to be working with an established logistics business, based on the outskirts of Glasgow to recruit a Financial Controller.
This position is designed to report to, and support the Finance Director in the achievement of key tasks and activities. Managing 2 direct reports, this position is responsible for the day to day running of the finance function with the scope for continuous improvement within the department and a high level of autonomy.
The business is looking for someone with good financial acumen and credibility in the way they communicate with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders, suppliers and customers.
The key duties for this role include:
- Management of two direct reports
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Control and reconciliation of key financial accounts
- Control and processing of duty liabilities
- Processing monthly cheque runs in multi-currency
- Monitoring and control of bank transactions
- Cashflow forecasting and control
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Processing of monthly payroll and all related returns and submissions
- Processing and control of customer incentives
- Assisting liaison with key third parties insurers, HMRC, pension providers
- Preparation of annual accounts pack and supporting documentation
- Liaising with external auditors
- Ad hoc support for company directors
- A competitive salary of £40,000- £45,000 based on having the right skills, experience and cultural fit
- The opportunity to work with one of Scotland’s leading logistics businesses
- Office based role and working hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm with a one hour lunch break