Rutherford Cross is delighted to be retained by Insite Group in Glasgow to recruit their Financial Controller which is a newly created role with the business.
Established in 2004, Insite Group has grown from strength to strength, continually breaking boundaries in many market sectors. The company is a main contractor business that specialises in the fit out, refurbishment and construction of commercial, retail, industrial, healthcare and public sector property. Their philosophy is to provide a complete, holistic contracting service, ensuring every aspect of their clients’ needs are achieved. Working hand in hand to provide solutions to any given challenge, each division of the group contains the knowledge, experience and expertise required to meet expectations. Customer satisfaction has always been the ethos, and with an enviable repeat client base, there is no doubt this business has been built on reputation.
Based in Queenslie, Glasgow, the company employs over 90 people and has grown steadily over the last few years, with annual turnover now at circa £20m and the likelihood of turnover returning to £25m-£26m the end of this year, a return to their pre-covid turnover.
The group is made up of 5 divisions; Contracts, Cladding & Roofing, Specialist Services, Facilities Management and Site Waste Solutions.
This is an exciting time for Insite Group as it continues to grow and build on its impressive reputation. The business is looking to appoint an ambitious, qualified accountant to support the Head of Finance, building and developing robust financial processes and managing day to day finance matters.
The finance team plays a key role in how the business operates and therefore a willingness to develop an understanding of each area of the business is required. The pace and diversity of the company throws up new and exciting challenges on a daily basis.
In addition to providing the successful candidate with skills and experience which will underpin their future finance career, the vacancy offers an exceptional opportunity for personal development and progression. The position has been created as part of a succession planning process, allowing the Financial Controller the opportunity to learn from and supersede the current Head of Finance.
With the expectation that a transition into the Head of Finance role could be relatively quick, it is key that the successful candidate can demonstrate the following:
- Organise and manage all aspects of the Company’s financial activities in the most effective manner in line with the needs of the business and reporting deadlines etc. and share in the General Management collective responsibility to achieve or exceed budgeted performance. This includes, Sales, Margins, Overheads, Operating Profit, Cash Flow, and Return-on-Capital-Employed
- Maintain the business “books of account” and ensure at all times these comply with statutory requirements
- Specifically, prepare monthly management accounts and other management information required to manage the business in a timely manner and liaise with other departments and staff to achieve this, including financial forecast and projections, cash flow projections, etc.
- Ensure VAT and payroll tax returns are submitted timeously and accurately
- Monitor and control any exposure to financial risk in the business and bring this to the attention of the management team as appropriate. Manage the Credit Control function
- Work with the MD to assist in preparation of annual operating plans and budgets for the business and contribute to the achievement of these
- Work with external auditors to manage the audit process and the preparation of statutory reports and accounts in line with regulatory requirements
- Perform the required duties to ensure that the filings at Companies House are up to date
- Be the main contact for professional services such as legal, audit, insurance, etc. and manage the relationships with these
- Encourage consistent cooperative working between the finance function and all areas of the business, such that a smooth and effective working relationship is maintained
- Be open to and in some cases be a “driver” of change, specifically proposing and making agreed changes in the finance systems to achieve streamlined and more efficient processes while maintaining the necessary level of controls
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Qualified accountant CA/ACCA/CIMA with commercial awareness and business acumen
- Strong technical accounting skills with great attention to detail
- Demonstrable ability to maintain robust financial control environment and drive process improvement/efficiency
- An approachable manner, working as part of a team to achieve company-wide objectives
- Advanced Excel skills
- Effective interpersonal skills, managing communications within the finance team and across all departments in the business
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills to support business decision making processes
- Inquisitive & with the ability to learn quickly
- Prior experience of job costing within the construction industry would be advantageous though not essential