For over 25 years Greenbelt has been the UK’s leading specialist in the stewardship of public open spaces, providing long-term, high-quality management solutions for outdoor areas and amenities on new residential developments. Greenbelt’s advice and assistance offers bespoke solutions to housebuilders for the public open spaces on their new developments. This work ensures homeowners can be proud of and fully enjoy the open spaces right on their doorsteps.
Greenbelt is committed to delivering a high-quality service for communities. The Group creates outdoor areas and amenities where people can relax and socialise with confidence that local open spaces are professionally managed and maintained.
The business’ dynamic, in-house workforce ranges from horticulturists and environmental managers to landscape architects and solicitors, all supported by its specialised customer-facing teams. Greenbelt place conservation and horticultural best practice at the forefront of its service, allowing them to make an important contribution to protecting and enhancing the environment. Its custom-built and truly innovative technology assists and complements the on-the-ground work and elevates the quality above all others.
Greenbelt Group has a turnover of £11.5m, boasting healthy profits, and has ambitions to expand the business. The company is keen to take advantage of the opportunity to expand its activity south of the border where there remains excellent potential for further growth. In order to continue to grow the business, Greenbelt is now investing in its systems and physical infrastructure to provide the best possible platform to take the next step in its journey and capitalize on market demand in the medium and long-term.
The business has real ambitions for growth in the coming years and to navigate this, Greenbelt has decided to appoint a Financial Controller tasked with implementing more robust financial controls and processes. In the short to medium term the Financial Controller will have the benefit of working alongside the existing Finance Director, who works on a part-time basis. The Finance Director will share their knowledge of the business and help guide the Financial Controller to manage and develop the small finance team. In the coming years the successful candidate will,based on performance, have the opportunity to move into a more senior role.
This is an exciting, progressive opportunity for a talented finance professional with the desire to join a growing, profitable Scottish based business embarking on the next chapter in its journey. It is crucial that the appointed candidate is a driven qualified accountant with the ability to improve financial processes within an expanding business.
For further information on Greenbelt Group, visit www.greenbelt.co.uk
Reporting to the (Part-Time) Finance Director, the Financial Controller must be eager to develop a strong understanding of the operations beyond finance. The Financial Controller will possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Greenbelt is keen to appoint an individual who can develop the existing financial controls and reporting to support the business in the next stage of its evolution. The ability to play a leading role in the implementation of a new finance
system will also be highly beneficial to the business.
The Financial Controller will bring best practice from previous roles, as part of their remit to develop financial processes and reporting. The post-holder will build positive and influential relationships across the business. The individual will be comfortable with and adaptable to change as the business continues to evolve. Should the Financial Controller add value to the company, and perform at a suitable level, they will have the opportunity to move to a more senior role.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a growing business which is leading the way in its field and to contribute to its future success by playing a key role in its journey.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all financial reporting, including overseeing production of monthly management accounts
- Lead on the implementation of a new finance system
- Ensure financial controls are in place, identify efficiency opportunities and suggest ways to eliminate duplication
- Senior Manager duties and responsibilities including Management of a small finance team
- Preparation of annual budgets and cash forecasting models
- Financial planning in line with business strategy to enable effective decision making, as required
- Preparation of year end accounts and management of year end audit
- Management of monthly payroll
- Review of corporate tax and VAT returns
- Keep up to date with technical accounting developments, providing support and advice to the finance team
- Occasional travel to attend conferences and Greenbelt offices in England
The role of Financial Controller requires a professionally qualified accountant who possesses strong financial reporting skills and the ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels in this highly
visible role. It is likely that the individual will have worked in a similar position within a medium sized business, gaining exposure to a wide variety of duties. The role is well suited to a qualified accountant with aspirations of moving into a more senior role in the short to medium term.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Qualified accountant (CA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Ability to develop robust financial reporting and controls
- Relevant experience, in a medium sized business developing skills across a broad range of financial disciplines including, financial control, financial planning & forecasting and staff management
- Experience of implementing a new system
- Keen eye for detail; able to review processes, and suggest and drive improvements
- Ability to manage and develop a small finance team
- Committed individual, displaying drive, ambition, and professionalism
- Able to engage with and influence stakeholders at all levels
- Confident communicator at every level, with strong inter-personal and influencing skills
- Time management skill
Basic Salary: Circa £60,000 per annum, depending on experience
Bonus: Incentive program based on key deliverables
Car Allowance: Car allowance or Company Car based on travel requirements
Pension: Matched at 7%
Healthcare: Private medical cover (personal), can pay to add family
Holiday Entitlement: 26 days per year, 6 statutory days, plus shutdown between
Christmas and New Year
Working Hours: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Location: Maryhill, Glasgow
- First round interviews are with our retained advisors at Rutherford Cross
- Second stages will be with the Finance Director and Managing Director
- Final stages will involve meeting the Chairman
Applications should be sent to [email protected]