Rutherford Cross is delighted to take the following Financial Controller role with Compound Semiconductor Technologies in Hamilton to market.
Compound Semiconductor Technologies is an independent manufacturer of III-V photonic devices who provide custom foundry services in InP, GaAs, GaN and GaSb on 2”, 3” and 4” wafers, and have ongoing, active research and development programmes in various technology areas in partnership with private and public bodies.
Compound Semiconductor Technologies also develop and manufacture custom and standard InP laser products for the FTTx (Fibre to the Home / Premises / Building) and PON (Passive Optical Network) markets and are currently in the process of ramping production to >1M devices per month.
Compound Semiconductor Technologies are ISO 9001: 2015 certified and currently employ 70 staff in R&D, wafer fabrication and backend assembly & test at their facility in Hamilton, Glasgow.
Responsible To: Finance Director
The Financial Controller will be responsible for the following key deliverables:
- Responsibility for all internal and external deadlines
- Overseeing the day-to-day running the finance department including line management
- Ensure that internal controls policies and procedures promote the continued reliability of accounting systems
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and annual statutory accounts
- Create monthly reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
- Ensure that profitability of company is enhanced by robust costing framework
- Supervise and manage financial department staff, including accountants and financial assistants
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including cost accounting
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Involvement in financial project work, e.g. implementation of new ERP system
- Assist the FD in presenting timely and accurate reports to management team, stakeholders, and board members
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Proven track record in leading and motivating teams within and across functions
- Experience of developing outstanding relationships across the businesses
- Experience in presenting at senior management level
- A proven relationship builder with the ability to increase co-operation across departments and sites
- Manufacturing experience would be highly beneficial but not essential
- Experience of Sage Line 50 Financial Controller
- Experience of various methods of cost accounting
- Experience of ERP / MRP systems
- Energetic, robust and pro-active individual
- Proven track record across financial management, budgetary control, business planning and performance monitoring
- Ability to meet tight financial deadlines
- Degree qualified with a strong academic track record
- Professionally qualified accountant (CA, ACCA, ACMA, CIMA) with PQE consummate with a role at this level of responsibility
For a confidential discussion/review of full position profile please contact our retained advisor John Ramsay.