Launched in 2007 by two local entrepreneurs, James Watt and Martin Dickie, their simple mission was and continues to be about making other people as passionate about great craft beer as they are. Core to the mission was producing beer of genuine flavour and craftsmanship without the industrial techniques of many modern brewers.
In 2013, BrewDog moved from its original facility in Fraserburgh and to its new world class HQ; a 5.5-acre state of the art eco-brewery in Ellon, just north of Aberdeen. This is one of the most technologically advanced and environmentally friendly breweries in the world and has allowed the business was able to improve every element of production.
In 2018, BrewDog was listed in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 for a record seventh consecutive year. No other company has achieved this, and it is testament to their continued incredible growth both in the UK and internationally. BrewDog currently employ 1,500 people globally, increased our revenue by 55% in 2018, and sell beer in over 60 countries. They operate 59 bars in the UK, and 11 overseas. Private equity firm, TSG Consumer Partners acquired a 22% stake in the company for approximately £213 million which has helped the business grow internationally with the announcement of a $30million production brewery and tap room in Brisbane, Australia announced in February 2018. The new site in Australia will complement the organisations first BrewDog Hotel and brewery in Ohio, US. The business has also recently announced in the last couple of weeks the plan to convert a brewery in Berlin, Germany to secure a firm footing in Europe.
A Financial Controller role has become available within the BrewDog Finance Leadership Team to bolster the group finance function. This high profile role will principally be responsible for leading a team to deliver accurate management accounts, budgets and forecasts, and an annual report for the world class brewery based in Ellon.
This is a key role within the finance team, reporting to the CFO, and will have significant exposure to the executive board and senior management within the business. This individual will lead a team of fifteen and work closely with the rest of the finance team.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for the following key deliverables:
- Consolidating entities and delivering statutory and other regulatory reporting requirements, all within in a complex international group environment
- Managing and developing a team, willing and able to ‘get their hands dirty’ when required
- Overseeing the year end processes including delivering statutory reporting requirements under IFRS, working closely with the external auditors and other advisors
- Issuing monthly management accounts, understanding the drivers of performance with the ability to clearly explain these to the business
- Delivering the end to end planning, budgeting and forecasting processes
- Challenging current practices to improve efficiency, process and controls
- Resolving technically complex accounting issues under IFRS, with the ability to communicate both the issue and resolution clearly to both finance and non-finance professionals
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Degree qualified with a strong academic track record
- Professionally qualified accountant with PQE consummate with a role at this level of responsibility
- Highly technical accountant, ideally with a Big 4 background
- Proven track record in leading and motivating teams within and across functions
- Experience of developing outstanding relationships across the businesses
- A background in organisations or environments with a high degree of complexity, ideally involving listed requirements
- Experience in presenting at Board level
- Preferably performed a similar role, ideally with experience of manufacturing, and in a perfect world, beer/spirits
- Knowledgeable on current accounting standards and any proposed changes that are applicable to the business
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to influence decision makers
- Ambitious and motivated by working in a fast-paced environment.
WHAT TO DO NEXT
A highly competitive package is on offer which will be discussed directly with the advisors at Rutherford Cross on application.
Applications should be sent to Laura Montgomery on [email protected]