Rutherford Cross is delighted to be retained by M2 Ventures in the city centre of Glasgow to recruit a newly created Financial Controller to head up the finance function.
M2 Ventures Ltd (M2) is a newly created privately funded company focusing on the commercial property development and land trading markets.
M2 has acquired a number of assets and corporate entities from MDL Investments Ltd (MDL) which was formerly part of The Miller Group. MDL traded as Miller Developments and this name will be retained by M2. The Managing Director of Miller Developments (who was also a Director of MDL) is one of the founding shareholders of M2.
M2 has a significant portfolio of sites throughout the UK.
Current projects include Omega in Warrington (www.omegaopportunity.com), D2 Business Park, adjacent to Aberdeen Airport (www.d2businesspark.com) and various land interests with the potential to realise >2,000 residential units.
The Financial Controller is responsible for leading on all aspects of financial management. Key deliverables include:
• Providing robust and meaningful financial information to Managing Director and investors for board meetings
• Management of cash, working capital requirements and cash flow forecasting
• Leading the annual budget process with quarterly forecast updates to support, short and medium and long-term objectives
• Monitoring and analysis of capital expenditure and profits
• Presentation of high quality management accounts and other management information
• Assisting budget holders in management, control and approval of costs and expenditures
• Maintaining business plan in accordance with company objectives set by key stakeholders
• Preparation of schedules for quarterly cost control meetings
• Development and maintenance of financial accounting systems
• Preparation of annual Financial Statements for Companies House and external audit
• Company Secretarial duties
• Oversight and development of robust financial controls
• Overseeing VAT and payroll compliance
• Managing banking relationships, especially in relation to reporting and development funding
• Liaising with Insurance Brokers
• Recruitment, management and development of a small finance team
• The delivery of ad hoc projects, both financial and operational
• Corporation Tax compliance
Background of Candidate:
- Financial Controller position requires a professionally qualified accountant who possesses excellent technical, reporting and stakeholder management skills. This individual will be responsible for providing financial information to the Managing Director and shareholders, which will be used to inform operational and commercial decisions. As such, an inquisitive and analytically minded individual, who pays attention to detail, is key for this opportunity.
- Successful candidate will display a positive attitude to this role and will be responsible for developing a first-rate finance function. Strong report writing skills are essential, as is the ability to assist in the strategic direction of the company.
- Successful individual will have excellent communication skills and the ability to manage complex stakeholder relationships, both internally and externally.
- It is advantageous if the candidate has operated within a property development environment and possesses an understanding of capital funding and debt markets.
Please note Rutherford Cross are the retained partner and all third party CV's will be forwarded to be included in the process.