Headquartered in Glasgow, our client has seen significant growth in recent years. New initiatives and the development of new routes to market have seen excellent financial results and a significant increase in headcount across the organisation.
Due to this rapid expansion, the company is looking to expand its finance team by appointing a new role that will support the business in establishing a culture where decision making is underpinned by data and analysis. This position will entail a high level of assessing and forward thinking as well as handling a substantial volume of data in order correctly identify and target trends.
The individual in this role will report directly to the Head of Planning & Analysis and sit alongside another team member as well as operating in conjunction with the sales team. It is a broad role requiring an individual of the highest calibre with exceptional communication skills, analytical prowess, business acumen and gravitas.
The financial Analyst will be active in supporting the Head of Planning & Analysis through various functions. This will involve modelling, providing financial information and efficiently managing data and spreadsheets. Subsequently this data will be translated into information relevant to the sales team in order to increase productivity.
The main duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Produce daily, weekly and monthly reports to meet the needs of key stakeholders.
- Support the Head of Planning and Analysis with the preparation of the annual budget and collectively collaborate with the production of the quarterly forecasts.
- Perform data analysis from multiple data sources that have limited flexibility due to current system constraints.
- Conduct integrity checking to ensure reporting is both timely and accurate.
- Examine a large volume of data for analysis purposes, analysing for patterns, key output and remedial or follow up action.
- Generally assist with other projects and tasks in the finance team that will aid in decision making.
The position incorporates a blend of responsibilities requiring a confident individual with strong technical, analytical and interpersonal ability. It is essential that the individual has experience or interest in working with data and information management. In addition to this they must be prepared to operate within in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. This role may lend itself to a qualified or part qualified accountant, however, a non-accountant with a specialisation in data analysis will also be well suited. Certainly it is crucial that the individual has the ability to manipulate and interpret data and subsequently translate this information into report findings.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Advanced numerical skills with an analytical mind.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook is essential.
- Proven track record of building relationships with stakeholders outside of the finance function with strong communication skills.
- Apply high quality standards to all tasks in hand, including self-review. Ability to work on own initiative
- Have the ability to employ new methods of streamlining the analysis process.
- Willingness to maintain and proactively broaden skills.
- Organised, highly efficient and able to prioritise and push multiple tasks forward at the same time.
- Strong commercial awareness and analytical experience.
In addition to the competitive salary, the company also a number of other excellent benefits including a bonus up to 30% of salary, non-contributory pension and private healthcare (family).
What To Do Next
To apply or for a confidential discussion, please contact our advisor Grant Atkinson at Rutherford Cross. Please note that any direct or third party applications will be passed to Rutherford Cross for review and assessment.