Rutherford Cross are pleased to be partnered with a growing manufacturing business in Ayrshire to appoint the newly created position of Financial Analyst. This role has been created due to significant growth in the business both organic and through acquisition. On offer is a salary of up to 40k + benefits (potentially some stretch for a superstar). Our client is based in Ayr but there is some opportunity for home working so applicants are encouraged from all over West Scotland.
Ideally, they are looking for a part qualified accountant (ACCA/ICAS/CIMA) or someone who is qualified by experience. If you have previously worked in a manufacturing business and have a strong understanding of manufacturing accounts (Standard Costing/BOM etc) this would be highly advantageous. The business has grown significantly in the last few years and further growth is planned this means there are significant opportunities to progress your career as the business scales further into Europe & America. You will report into a qualified cost accountant and be responsible for analysing large quantities of data producing high quality information and adding colour to the numbers.
This is a unique opportunity to a join growing corporation at a key point in its growth trajectory as its scales from SME to corporate size.
- Maintain monthly revenue and margin reporting; identify trends and variances to the budget
- Prepare product cost reports and support the analysis of product cost changes
- Support profitability analysis for products, customers, Business Units
- Support annual budget process
- Assist in driving improvements in existing reporting processes and tools
- Respond to ad-hoc requests for data/information/analysis
- Ensure consistency and accuracy in reporting across all businesses
Skills & Experience required:
- Strong reporting skills with ability to collect, organise and analyse significant amounts of data from multiple sources
- Advanced excel skills – confident user of vlookups/pivot tables/sumifs etc.
- Part-qualified / studying for professional accounting examinations
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 500 / [email protected]