Title: Financial Accounting Manager
Salary: £42,000 - £52,000 + Bonus + Excellent Benefits Package
Rutherford Cross is working in partnership with an Edinburgh based company to identify a high calibre qualified Accountant to undertake a key finance role. The business is poised to enter a period of significant growth and therefore represents a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and commercially orientated individual, with lots of scope for continued career development.
The Financial Accounting Manager will be charged with managing the financial accounts team to accurately report upon financial performance, to maximise profit through cashflow optimisation, and to minimise the risk associated with treasury activity and tax compliance. This is a multi-faceted role covering areas including financial reporting, continuous improvement initiatives, and project management of change projects.
Operating in a dynamic and change orientated working environment, this opportunity requires an individual with the capacity and flexibility to challenge their peer group across the wider finance function to ensure deadlines are adhered to and the information produced is accurate and fit for purpose. Previous experience of managing the statutory accounting process and the relationship with the auditors would be highly advantageous.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Qualified Accountant with relevant experience gained in a commercial environment
- In depth knowledge of VAT and Corporation Tax requirements
- Knowledge of Capitalisation accounting standards
- Experience of treasury dealing and/or cashflow modelling
- A working knowledge of PAYE tax regulations
- Confident communicator with strong inter-personal skills
- Commercial thinking, drive, ambition, and professionalism
- Team player with flexible attitude to work priorities
- High degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Problem solving and analysis skills
- Flexible and able to work on a variety of ad hoc projects
Key areas of focus will include:
- Prepare monthly financial results and associated commentary for Senior Management
- Daily treasury management and continuous cashflow reforecasting
- Production of cashflow and balance sheet models for budgeting, reforecasting, and business planning purposes
- Maintain bank relationships and ensure products are meeting the needs of the business
Applications are invited from fully qualified Accountants coming from a commercial background and with demonstrable experience in the areas outlined above.
To apply, please contact Billy McCarthy at Rutherford Cross.