Rutherford Cross delighted to be engaged by a global technology business looking to appoint a newly created Financial Accountant position to be based in their Edinburgh office. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business working directly with the CFO primarily focusing on managing the financial reporting of the 4 legal entities. Due to the significant growth the business has seen the legal entities have subsequently grown and become more complicated with increased inter-company transactions being required. This is a unique opportunity to come into and organisation and make real difference.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Managing the overall integrity of the financial statements for each of our legal entities:
- Includes producing and managing balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensuring that all intercompany transactions are completed and reconciled on a monthly basis
- Working alongside local tax experts to ensure compliance in each of the locations we have a presence (VAT, Corporate and transfer pricing)
- Managing foreign exchange considerations
- Submit financials on a quarterly basis for group consolidation
- Prepare financial board meeting paper for each legal entity
Given the nature of the role and the organisation you will also have the opportunity to get involved with various projects as well. This role is seen as a succession planning position for the CFO and as a result, provided you are able to demonstrate your ability to adapt and develop your skill set, you will be given the opportunity to progress and move into a more commercial role within your first 18-24months in post.
In order to be considered for this position you must:
- Maintain strong communication skills
- Be a team player
- Be able to use your own initiative
- Be a self-starter and display a ‘can do’ attitude
- Be a qualified accountant (CA, ACCA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent)
This role is offering a competitive salary and benefits package.