Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working with a long-standing client who is looking to add a Financial Accountant to their existing team. This role offers a hybrid working approach where you have 1 day in the office versus 4 days at home.
This role is best suited to a qualified accountant from either industry or practice who is looking to further their career within the accounting space.
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Ownership of monthly management accounts, including fully reconciled balance sheet (input required from FP&A team on P&L items and from Transaction team on control accounts)
- Reporting key Working Capital metrics and liaising with the wider business community to drive improvements in group working capital
- Coordinating and leading year-end audit, providing information required for statutory accounts
- Input to group annual budgeting, mid-year, and monthly forecast process as necessary specifically owning the group balance sheet and cash flow process
- Supporting FP&A team as and when required on-site P&L reviews/Profit Improvement plans etc
- Input to tax advisors to prepare annual tax computations
Fully qualified accountants preferred (or at final exam stage (CA/ACCA/ICAEW), in addition to having:
- Excellent financial accounting, controls and reporting experience, preferably gained within FMCG/beverages sector
- Excellent cash flow management and forecasting experience
- Experience working with multiple retailers and other sales channels will be a distinct advantage
- Ability to engage with and influence people at all levels of the business
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent analytical, interpretation and problem-solving skills
- Natural decision-maker, able to exercise judgement and take responsibility for the consequences of actions and decisions
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Determined and resilient, with the drive to complete tasks
- Experience in project management and/or involvement in project teams
To find out more on remuneration, and the role please contact the Rutherford Cross advisor Harry Thomson by emailing [email protected] for a confidential discussion.