About the Opportunity:
Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working with a leading business based within the UK and functions based across Europe. Since the beginning of this business, they have gone through consistent and steady growth that has allowed them to grow and develop into a market-leading entity. Our client is now looking to add a financial accountant to their ever-growing finance team.
About the Role:
This role is best suited to a qualified CA who is looking to make their first move from practice to industry. This role provides the opportunity for candidates to develop their skillset away from practice and offers some exciting progression opportunities within the business as well.
- Responsibility for creating, updating and re-forecasting
- Completing the monthly reconciliation as part of a time-sensitive process
- Managing and developing two team members to achieve improved efficiency, timeliness and quality of outputs ensuring they deliver a high standard of finance service to the business
- Ensuring the process flows smoothly with the correct VAT treatment, and reconciliation of financial reporting
- Continuous improvement of reconciliation through the use of advanced excel techniques to handle the data volume
- The link between finance and data services to understand all processes and lead process improvement as systems develop
- Balance sheet – Reviewing and fully reconciling key balance sheet accounts
- Responsibility for reviewing and reporting on the efficacy of financial controls and processes
- Reviewing monthly payroll
- Producing the Trust management accounts
- Finance projects – Leading on various projects as well as providing ad-hoc project support when required
About the Individual:
Typical Background and Experience Required:
This is an excellent opportunity for qualified accountants looking to further their careers.
The individual will have:
- Qualified accountant
- Experience with financial systems and processes
- Advanced excel skills with experience in analysis, balance sheet review and reconciliation
- Clear understanding of back-end processes to be able to investigate issues
- Sound communication skills
Please reach out to Harry Thomson at [email protected] for further information and a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity.