Financial Accountant – Glasgow City Centre – up to 40k
Rutherford Cross are delighted to be exclusively partnered with a growing family business in Glasgow City Centre to appoint the newly created position of Financial Accountant. The business is highly acquisitive, and this opportunity has arisen following a period of sustained growth. Reporting into the Senior Financial Accountant this represents an excellent opportunity to develop your career in a high performing finance team.
Ideally, they are looking to appoint a part-qualified/newly qualified accountant. They are happy to consider both practice and industry backgrounds. We are looking for someone who has good technical strength and strong interpersonal skills. There is an element of succession planning to this role and a clear line of upward progression, so if you are a part-qualified accountant looking to take a step up into a broader role in a large family business – this could be the one for you.
- Preparation of monthly subsidiary management accounts
- Assist in preparation of consolidated group accounts for reporting to board of directors.
- Understanding, reconciling and communicating key variances between actual performance and budget of monthly subsidiary management accounts
- Support monthly reporting to the banking club and assisting with bi-annual audits
- Assist in development of a comprehensive internal control framework to mitigate risk
- Support continuous improvement of business systems and processes, with particular focus on statutory reporting and tax governance.
- Preparation of regular weekly and monthly reporting and being able to analyse and explain changes to Senior Financial Accountant and Finance Director
- Analyse and evidence monthly accruals and prepayments alongside other balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of the year-end audit file and statutory accounts
- Involvement in statutory reporting – both with external auditors and banking club
- Involvement in accurate calculation of the company’s liability to relevant taxes including corporation tax, VAT and PAYE/NIC
- Assist in integrating new company acquisitions into wider group
- Support the management of assets, ensuring these are being recorded accurately
- Develop a deep understanding of the ERP system and longer term provide support to the wider finance team if issues arise
- Support year-end stock counts
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 500 / [email protected]