Rutherford Cross are pleased to be partnered with one of our key clients to appoint a Financial Accountant. They are based in Glasgow and offer a highly flexible & hybrid working pattern, alongside a salary of up to 40k. In this role you will be responsible for supporting the Finance Manager in the smooth running of the team and supporting the wider Finance team to ensure accurate financial reporting of all key Finance tasks (month end, group reporting, annual stats).
Our client has a highly reputable name and have a track record of developing staff and promoting them. This upward mobility has created a hugely positive culture. As the person who previously performed this role is still in the team in a promoted position you will have their experience and knowledge to lean on as you join the business. You will head up a team of 4 but prior direct line management is not required although a track record of supervision and developing staff would be advantageous.
Ideally, we are looking to speak to newly/recently qualified accountants coming from either practice or industry who want to join a growing and interesting business where they can develop their career. They are looking for someone who isn’t afraid to role their sleeves up and get stuck in and who possesses the strength of personality to interface with stakeholders at all levels both internally and externally.
- Supporting the Finance Manager in the review of all the accounting and financial reporting deliverables of the wider team.
- Management and supporting development of direct reports.
- Review of key Finance reports (P&L /Balance Sheet) including the provision of supporting variance analysis to ensure monthly submission deadlines are met.
- Oversee and control the treasury function.
- Responsible for Full Balance Sheet Management, including substantiation of all reconciliation work carried out by the team.
- Submission of quarterly VAT, P11d, PSA and PPPR to HMRC.
- Lead the Statutory accounts process and liaise with the Auditors during the external audit process. • Ensure all Group requests are addressed timely and accurately.
- Maintaining intercompany reconciliations and strong relations with intra-group colleagues.
- Work with key business managers, providing quality financial information to assist with operational decision making.
- Process improvement of internal policies and promotion of best practice.
- Maintaining finance processes and ensuring that all processes comply with Internal & External Audit recommendations and guidelines.
- Participation in ad-hoc projects.
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this market leading opportunity, please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07967 289 404 / [email protected]