Rutherford Cross is working with a global manufacturing business based in South-Ayrshire to appoint a Financial Accountant. The role of Financial Accountant requires a motivated, ambitious, newly qualified accountant with strong audit experience and likely looking to make their first move into industry.
On offer is a salary of £40-45k (dependent on experience), including bonus scheme. 8% employer contribution pension and flexi-time working.
Ideally, we are looking to speak with industry newly or recently qualified accountants (CA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent).
- Preparing draft US GAAP based financial statements for monthly review
- Preparing an analytical review of the monthly US GAAP based financial statements and seeking explanations for variances from the business
- Liaising directly with the Corporate accounting team, ensuring inter-company transactions are complete and accurate
- Preparation and presentation of monthly Financial Review Pack to Director of Accounting and Corporate Controller
- Responsibility for the completion of all Sarbanes Oxley control procedures that fall under the remit of the Core Finance Team
- Reviewing adherence by the Project Accounting Teams to their Sarbanes Oxley control procedures and providing guidance to them where non-conformance issues are identified.
- Preparing UK GAAP statutory financial statements and presenting these to finance management and the board for approval
- Providing technical accounting assistance to the Project Accounting Teams.
- Assuming the primary contact role for both our external and internal auditors.
- Liaising with and supporting our external tax advisors in the production of tax computations and returns
- Responsibility for cash flow forecast reporting
- Providing technical assistance for ad hoc projects of significant financial materiality
- Assist implementation of significant IT projects impacting financial statement preparation
- Providing ongoing financial control improvement recommendations
- Responsibility for Finance Business Continuity Management
- Assist if required in roll-out of Finance training to the business
The Ideal Candidate:
- Commercially aware and have a relevant accountancy or audit background
- A sound knowledge of UK accounting and auditing standards is essential, and an awareness of both US GAAP, IFRS and Sarbanes Oxley legislation would be beneficial.
- Specialist technical knowledge or practical experience in long term contract accounting, foreign exchange accounting, hedge accounting and corporation tax would be highly regarded.
- IT literate and must have a good level of competence with Excel, PowerPoint. Experience of SAP would be an advantage although not essential.
- A current recognised professional accountancy qualification (e.g. CA or ACCA), but need not have significant post-qualifying experience.
- Self-motivated, willing to learn and confident in approach to dealing with all areas and levels within the business.
- Excellent communication skills
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Gillian O’Neil at Rutherford Cross on 07432482882/ [email protected]