Rutherford Cross are delighted to be partnered with a Financial Services business in Ayrshire to help appoint the newly created position of Financial Accountant. The business has recently gone through a major acquisition that will lead to the significant growth of the business, as such this represents an excellent opportunity for an ambitious newly/recently qualified accountant to join at this pivotal time and grow with the business in a varied role. The business has a collaborative and forward-thinking culture and as such the working pattern is highly flexible.
Ideally, we are looking for a newly/recently qualified accountant or an exceptional finalist. The business is happy to consider people from either commercial industry or accountancy practice. We are looking for someone with strong excel skills, excellent analytical skills and the strength of personality to face off to senior stakeholders across the group. The position is based in Ayr and on offer is a salary of up to 45k.
- Preparation and review of month end management accounts adhering to group reporting deadlines
- Monthly group reporting using group reporting systems and software adhering to strict deadlines
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts and liaising with external auditors
- Preparation and review of corporation tax calculations and quarterly group VAT returns
- Preparation of monthly KPIs and KRIs and challenging financial performance
- Preparation of forecasts and business plans at local level and liaising with group to integrate these into the larger group consolidated planning process
- Cashflow forecasting
- Improving processes and controls within our established Risk and Control Framework
- Providing value added analysis including identification of potential cost saving initiatives
- Providing support to the Finance Team on other ad hoc requests
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 500 / [email protected]