Rutherford Cross is excited to be working with a fast-paced, acquisitive business based in Glasgow to appoint a Financial Accountant. This listed company has enjoyed excellent financial results in recent times and the role of Financial Accountant represents an excellent career opportunity for a qualified accountant.
The Financial Accountant will be core to the Group Finance team in ensuring that the Group’s statutory and market regulations are met. The post-holder will report directly to the Head of Group Finance, additionally working alongside the Chief Financial Officer on specific projects.
The company provides a flexible work environment for all, with a benefits package which promotes wellbeing and work / life balance, including family friendly policies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsibility for the preparation of both Group year end and half year financial statements and subsidiary financial statements
- Key contact during the audit process
- Responsibility for preparation of month end management accounts for subsidiary companies
- Work with the Company Secretary on regulatory matters as required • Responsibility for national statistics reporting
- Support technical accounting developments as and when they arise and on-going technical accounting including IFRS 16 ‘Leases’ and IFRS 2 ‘Share-based payments’
- Management of all Companies House filing requirements for the Group • Assisting with monthly consolidation process
- Point of contact for internal insurance queries and assisting with annual renewal process
- Work with the wider Finance team on ongoing Group corporate simplification process
- Working within wider team to ensure effective M&A integration as necessary
To be successful, you’ll need to bring:
- Experience as a qualified accountant, ICAS, ACCA or CIMA
- Strong technical skills and experience of preparing financial statements
- Confidence in communication, both verbal and written
- Experience as a team player, used to working in a fast paced environment
- Analytical skills with a strong attention to detail • Willingness to take ownership of specific projects
- Ability to produce high quality work while working to tight reporting deadlines
- Awareness of ongoing IFRS technical updates
- Competitive salary
- Excellent work/life balance and flexibility
- Great career prospects