Rutherford Cross is pleased to be partnered with a household name FMCG brand to appoint a Financial Accountant. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious accountant to join a large family-owned business in a broad role that offers career development with both study support and the opportunity to take on more responsibility as time progresses.
Working within the group finance team and reporting to the senior financial accountant, the role will be responsible for supporting the preparation of the group financial statements, ensuring accuracy is achieved through adherence to a robust financial control framework. This will include process creation, monitoring and refinement, financial review and reconciliations.
This position would be well suited to either a part-qualified or qualified accountant in Lanarkshire who is looking for a step up into a bigger role or someone in a similar role looking for a new challenge. We are happy to consider applications from those coming from either practice or industry. We will also consider QBE / Qualified candidates, provided the experience is aligned.
- Timely and accurate production of monthly management accounts
- Reviewing and posting accruals and prepayments
- Balance sheet analysis and reconciliations
- Managing and developing 2 assistant accountants
- Group consolidation
- Monthly VAT returns
- Supporting group audit and tax requirements
- Assisting with the group budgeting process and re-forecasting
- Reviewing the work of direct reports and helping them to develop
- Developing and documenting controls and processes
- Reviewing and maintaining Fixed Asset registers
- Managing and reviewing Hire Purchase
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 500.