Rutherford Cross is pleased to be exclusively partnered with a leading 3rd sector institution in Central Scotland to appoint a Finance Systems Improvement Manager. This is a business-critical appointment responsible for maximising the efficiency and effectiveness of financial business processes & reports directly to the Director of Specialist Services.
Ideally, we are looking for individuals that have managed finance systems in a reasonably sized organisation and are looking for a new challenge. We are happy to consider those either from a 3rd sector background or those coming from a commercial background. A finance qualification is also not required. On offer is a fantastic benefits package including a flexible and hybrid working pattern, 42 days holiday and 21% pension.
Although this is a systems-focused role, it is not about just coming in and managing the system. The appointed individual will be able to review what is currently in place and affect genuine change in the organisation regarding the improvement of the finance systems. You will also get the chance to lead on major change projects designed to make the finance business processes both more efficient and effective in providing added value, and will ensure the Finance systems are fully exploited to support the strategic aims.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide expert advice and guidance in the use and further development of the Unit 4 Agresso finance system and other relevant systems, ensuring that the use of the systems is optimised for an excellent user experience, with effective and efficient business operations
- In collaboration with the Director of Technical & Specialist Services and other key stakeholders, review future business needs and identify new and alternative approaches to performing business activities
- Analyse business processes and recognise the potential for automation of processes, and assess the costs and potential benefits of new approaches
- Work with a business partner to establish and control rolling plans for all finance system development work including upgrades
- Where appropriate, lead and manage the implementation of upgrades, process and system change projects from a Finance perspective
- Ensure that finance system users are fully trained, supported and competent in their use of the system, thus maximising the system efficiencies available
- Lead the development of the financial reporting and data quality management strategy ensuring timely, quality data is available for presentation through a consolidated and consistent reporting framework
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this market-leading opportunity, please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross [email protected]