Rutherford Cross are delighted to be exclusively partnered with a global engineering firm to help appoint a Financial Analyst. The business has grown significantly in recent years through a combination of M&A activity and organic growth and has a worldwide presence. This position represents a key hire for them in their west of Scotland operation. On offer is a salary of up to 50k + up to 10% bonus and a hybrid working model. This role may occasionally involve a degree of global travel.
Ideally, we are looking for a qualified accountant with some degree of post-qualification experience. The business is happy to look at people who are remain in practice or who qualified in industry/moved to industry. Ideally if you were coming from industry, you will have strong systems experience (Cognos/TM1 particularly advantageous) as you will be expected over time to take a share of ownership of the systems within the business.
- Supporting the senior management team with ad hoc financial analysis
- Collation of financial reporting analysis requested from Group.
Ownership of the Finance Structure within COGNOS:
- Administration of the group finance structure within IBM COGNOS.
- Perform routine systems maintenance and updates as required.
- Own future amendments to the Group finance structure resulting from M&A activity.
- Build detailed system-driven excel reports for use by the FDs of the individual businesses within the Group and their teams.
- Resolve time-critical systems queries/issues as raised by the global finance teams.
- Support of existing TM1 reporting and processes.
- Where relevant, to act as a systems Subject Matter Expert and to advise and assist the Finance Team and wider organisation in this capacity.
Assist with Group Internal and Board Reporting:
- Fortnightly Reporting – Assist with the preparation of the Group Mid-Month report, ensuring integrity of numbers and completeness of commentary.
- Monthly Reporting – Assist with generation of accurate and complete commentaries for the monthly Group report and ensure integrity of numbers.
- Assist with the production of the Group Monthly Reporting Pack for the Executive team, Board and other external stakeholders.
- The above involves working directly with the GFC, CFO and the CEO.
Involvement in the Group Cost Centre Forecast/ Budget Process:
- Assist with the co-ordination of the Group Forecast/ Budget Process, including preparation of forecast/budget instructions, creating reporting templates, production of the Group Powerpoint Pack and management of the overall timetable.
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this market leading opportunity please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 500 / [email protected]