Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working with a key client in Edinburgh looking to appoint a Finance Manager - Transactions / FP&A due to significant growth of the business. The successful candidate will be a key member of the group's finance team responsible for various aspects of the PLC's financial analysis expertise and focusing on the group's growth trajectory and from modelling the financial impact of potential corporate level transactions on the group. Work on transactions will include managing the financial due diligence process and assisting with the completion of corporate transactions, business acquisitions and partnerships.
You will liaise with senior management, including the Group Finance Director and Chief Financial Officer. The role offers exposure to influential teams outside the central finance function, including the commercial and regional finance teams and reflects the support required to deliver part of Group's strategy in which to take advantage of attractive business development opportunities within the market. Key responsibilities include:
- Working alongside the regional teams and senior group management to maintain financial details of business development opportunities across the group.
- Assisting with Group FP&A reporting, development and challenge to ensure robust and accurate business analysis. Help develop reporting processes and outputs such that management have sufficient information to drive and support profitable business and opportunities and manage risks.
- Lead participation on the financial due diligence of potential acquisitions. Depending on the size and complexity of the opportunity, the role will be responsible either for the completion of the due diligence work or coordinating the work of an external provider.
- Leading the advice on the stock exchange reporting requirements for transactions including completion of the related financial modelling. Knowledge of the listing rules will therefore be necessary.
- Detailed review of all requests for approval of business development opportunities across the business including ensuring assumptions contained therein are reviewed and challenged from a financial and commercial perspective, using knowledge of the business and the industry. Includes preparation of related board presentation and papers.
- Review, design and develop financial evaluation tools for use in corporate and commercial business appraisal.
- Support in the execution of the planning, review and challenge of budgets, forecasts and long-term plans across the group.
- Various ad hoc projects across the group's finance function.
The position incorporates a blend of transaction and deals support with financial planning and analysis work and therefore requires an individual with strong technical and interpersonal skills. Key requirements include:
- A qualified accountant (CA/ACA or equivalent)
- Experience in a Corporate Finance or Transaction Services role including managing Due Diligence assignments would be a distinct advantage.
- Demonstrate an awareness of how corporate deals are structured, the processes and issues involved and be comfortable dealing with business owners and senior executives.
- An excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate confidently at all levels across the Group, particularly with senior and executive management both verbally and in drafting papers.
- High levels of drive and initiative with the ability to problem solve and think analytically.
- Good organisational skills including the ability to effectively identify deadlines and prioritise work
To find out more, please contact Georgina Millyard at Rutherford Cross.