Rutherford Cross is pleased to be working in partnership with one of our key clients to appoint a Finance Manager, reporting directly to the Head of Commercial Finance. This opportunity has arisen off the back of a major contract win for the business and is a newly created role. Given the growth of the business and with this new team being created, there is scope in the future to progress to FC level in the newly created business unit.
The position incorporates a combination of technical accounting, team leadership and senior stakeholder management across all departments and functions, both internally and externally. The Finance Manager will be expected to lead and coach the Finance team and deliver operational excellence, both internally and to external clients. On offer is a salary of up to £55,000 + a 10% bonus and a hybrid working pattern.
Ideally, we are looking to engage with Qualified (ACCA, ICAS, CIMA) / QBE Accountants who have a track record of managing and developing teams in medium to large-scale organisations. If you have previous experience engaging with and managing relationships with external stakeholders this would also be very advantageous.
- Oversee the day-to-day running of a busy finance department including line management within the team
- Work closely with the Finance Director and Financial Controller to ensure all department targets are achieved
- Co-ordinate staff development and deliver staff appraisals and regular 1 to 1’s
- Prepare monthly management accounts and annual statutory accounts
- Present financial performance and finance KPIs at internal and client operational meetings
- Coordinate preparation of annual budgets
- Day-to-day control over all aspects of P&L and Balance Sheet
- Deal with ad hoc customer requests within required deadlines
- Develop the financial reporting to improve the quality of MI
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the customer-facing Finance colleagues are fulfilling the requirements of our internal and external stakeholders
- Provide financial reports for all key stakeholders – including primary financial reports, trading dashboards, divisional and client financial information and commentary, and other ad hoc reports – as required
- Continually review and report actual financial performance against budget to the key stakeholders, with value-adding backup documentation and explanations
- Continuous Process Improvement, delivering process excellence
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Harry Young & Jonathan Donnelly at Rutherford Cross – [email protected] / 07494 280 500