Due to an upcoming implementation of an ERP system, Rutherford Cross has been retained by a leading bottler and distiller of scotch whiskey to recruit a Finance Lead for a period of 18 months.
Working for this family owned business you will report into the Project Leader and be responsible for leading the design and implementation of financial ledgers within the new ERP system, the integration of finance to other functional areas and the development of key financial reports.
As Finance Lead you will be a key member of the project team with responsibility for driving process improvement and change through the successful implementation of an integrated, agile ERP solution within budgeted cost and deadlines. You will work closely with the PMO developing the implementation plan for your functional area, working closely with the ERP steering group to resolve key issues and be responsible for holding regular meetings to provide key updates and discuss any identified issues.
Some of the other responsibilities within the team will include:
- Work with the Project Manager to develop the implementation plan for your functional area
- Regular team meetings to provide update on status and key issues identified
- Work with functional members of ERP Steering Group to resolve key issues
- Establish effective relationships with key business users
- Identify and allocate responsibility for the ownership of key system master data
- Ensure comprehensive creation/ migration of functional master data onto new platform
- Development of a functional blueprint with consultants and business users
- Development of key performance metric reporting
- Work with consultants to refine prototypes of new developments in a test environment
- Lead user training and acceptance testing for new ERP functionality
- Plan and execute cutover and go-live activities
As Finance lead you will be responsible for the configuration of IFS finance ledgers to accurately record the financial impact of operational/commercial transactions within the system and to generate routine financial reporting for management purposes.
Functional tasks will include:
- Define internal business trading model and establish within financial ledgers
- Establish recurring intracompany consolidation processes
- Configure chart of accounts for business needs including GL codes, cost centres and other dimensions
- Develop transaction posting controls with consultants (manufacturing and sales)
- Configure financial closing routines
- Define accounting rules around recurring financial entries (inc fixed assets, accruals etc)
- Configure processes and master data for integrated ledgers in Stock, AP, AR, Cash, PP&E, Payroll
- Define standard costing rules in conjunction with consultants and Operations business users
- Ensure financial data is interfaced from non-core systems (including EPOS, Bulk stock package)
- Define financial reporting outputs from ledger and BI reporting tools
- Establish process to record budget & forecasting scenarios within system
- Migration of relevant historic financial data as part of cutover process
You may be required, at the discretion of the Project Leader, to provide support to your functional area within the business where it does not compromise the delivery of project objectives.
Who we are looking for
To be considered for this role you will have to be a highly proactive individual with strong interpersonal and influencing skills. It is essential that you are a fully qualified accountant – CA/ACCA/CIMA, with recent experience of working in a relevant finance role within a Manufacturing organisation. Experience of working on a similar project where there has been an ERP system implementation or working with integrated ERP systems will be key. As you will be managing a diverse and busy workload you will have to be someone who can prioritise effectively and manage workload to meet tight deadlines. Other skills/experience required would be:
- Working knowledge of standard costing and variance accounting, ideally in the drinks industry is desirable
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly and present to large groups
- Excellent data analytical skills and judgement with the ability to lead and manage in a complex environment
- Demonstrate creative thinking with the ability to take forward new ideas systematically
- Demonstrate effective team management and be an integral part of the senior management team providing supporting and motivation to team members.
Please contact Hazel Wynn, our retained partner at [email protected]