London investment firm that is backing an award winning, high growth Healthcare business, currently has an opportunity for a dynamic Finance Director. Head quartered in Glasgow, propelled by digital innovation, the company has substantial growth plans, both through acquisition and organically.
Working closely with London investors and the COO, this is a key position in the senior leadership team where the successful candidate will play a critical role is driving the business to reach ambitious growth targets during this new phase of investment. The Finance Director is required to deliver the following:
- Form a close working relationship with the Managing Director, Senior Executives and external investors
- Provide sound financial leadership, optimising the company’s financial performance and strategic position
- Take overall accountability for the success of the company’s accounting function, including all management/financial reporting, P&L and balance sheet management and budgeting & forecasting activities
- Due diligence execution on any potential acquisition targets
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers
- Production and cost accounting activities, including stock control
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth
- Lead and develop a finance team that will be fit for purpose both now and as the business grows
- Ongoing development of the monthly board pack including the preparation and presentation of financial information, value-added commentary, KPIs and analysis to help the board understand better and improve the performance of the business
- Work with senior teams across the business, formulating strategies and plans to support future growth. This includes financial modelling and KPI management
- Play a key role in all corporate finance and acquisition activity including the management of capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, etc.
- Responsibility for the company cash management policies and performance
- Presentation of accurate accounts to the board and external investors
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met
- Management of corporation tax, payroll, VAT, etc. in conjunction with external advisors
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers, suppliers, bankers, lawyers and investors
- Working with bank debt funders to manage covenants and ensure a positive relationship
- Reviewing of legal/commercial contracts
- Company Secretarial duties
The role requires a strategic thinker and a proactive operator who is capable of delivering more than just the financial reporting. It is envisaged that they will take an active interest in understanding the end to end business and help identify and develop strategies to maximise revenue and profit growth. The successful candidate will take a hands-on approach but equally comfortable with crafting strategy. Given the business will develop quickly, it is critical that the Finance Director can build robust systems, reporting and teams to allow them to move away from the detail and deliver shareholder value.
Candidates will come from a manufacturing or process led environment where they will have a firm understanding of operational performance drivers, including cost management and stock control processes. A proven track record in driving process improvement in a production environment is also essential. From a commercial standpoint, experience within the pharmaceutical, medical or health sectors would be advantageous. Finally, it is expected that candidates with have worked previously in a PE backed business, so they have an understanding of the pressures and pace of change. The successful candidate will have the ability to quickly influence the business whilst building positive long-term relationships with stakeholders both within and outside the company. Exposure to M&A, corporate finance or transaction services is highly advantageous.
This opportunity will suit candidates currently at Finance Director level and also those at a Financial Controller level who are close to and aspiring to that No1 role. The successful candidate will be a proven and qualified finance professional with a firm understanding of the dynamics of a small, but rapidly growing business with ambitions to grow across the UK.
For a confidential discussion and Position Profile, please contact Laura Montgomery at Rutherford Cross at [email protected]