An exciting opportunity for a qualified Accountant to join a forward thinking, growing business within the Energy sector based in Edinburgh. The role would ideally suit an experienced Finance Analyst, Business Partner or first mover from the Profession who is looking to move into a role that will enable them act as the link between finance and management, acting as a trusted advisor by providing valuable analysis and insight to influence the decision-making process. Key elements of the role will include supporting the transaction teams deliver on acquisitions and disposals and delivering projects and project implementation across the business.
- Reviewing pre-acquisitions and disposals including MI review
- Transaction planning and structuring
- Preparation and review of financial data
- Perform financial DD and liaise with advisors
- Assist in the preparation and review of transaction agreements
- Assisting in the closing of all transactions
- Maintaining the transaction budget, monitoring costs and cash flow
- Delivery of accounting and finance reports
- Accounting qualification (ACA/ CIMA/ ACCA)
- Experience within Transactional Services or Due Diligence is advantageous although not essential
- Knowledge of both UK GAAP and IFRS, experience of preparing statutory accounts and the confidence to apply them to practical examples is essential
- Knowledge of accounting policies, processes and systems.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Able to challenge the way things are done and look at ways to make improvements to the business
- Proficient IT skills (Spreadsheets, database, Visual basic)
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to prioritise conflicting activities and be proactive
- Act with complete integrity and confidentiality
- Committed to continuous improvement and development of skills and knowledge
This is a great opportunity to join a growing business and finance function. Clear progression and offering flexible working including working from home.