Rutherford Cross is delighted to be retained by Aggreko to appoint a Finance Business Partner – Commercial. Aggreko’s financial results and ambitions are matched by very few businesses in Scotland and therefore, the business offers a highly attractive platform for talented finance professionals to further their careers.
Aggreko is a temporary power generation business, headquartered in Scotland. They are owned by private equity firms I Squared Capital and TDR Capital, following their acquisition and the delisting of the business in August 2021.
Aggreko’s purpose is to power progress by delivering energy everywhere. The business delivers power, heat and cooling to customers and communities, regardless of location, from the busiest cities to the most remote places on earth. The company employs 6,500 specialists from all corners of the globe. The range of projects the business is involved in is vast, from cooling gold mines in Australia, to bringing electricity to events like the Olympics, to powering factories in Nigeria and warming neighbourhoods in Romania. Aggreko also brings relief when hurricanes and wildfires strike.
We are looking to appoint a Finance Business Partner to Aggreko’s Site in Dumbarton who will report to the Head of Finance for the site. It is a key role within the finance department, where you will be responsible for business partnering with multiple stakeholders in the Commercial team.
As a Finance Business Partner, your role will be an intermediary between the Business and Finance in delivering deeper financial insights - including the financial impacts of decisions made by the Business. You will contribute to accurate financial reporting and controls, building on the current procedures in place to ensure valuable Management reporting.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Business partner with multiple stakeholders within Manufacturing, Product Management & Engineering and Commercial functions to constructively challenge and provide ideas to improve the business and its operations
- Overall responsibility for the preparation of monthly results and insightful analysis to support strategic decisions by the Director of PMEM and Commercial Director
- Manage the month-end, quarterly forecasting and budget process for PME and Commercial functions
- Provide governance and control over the financials for PMEM and Commercial functions
- Monitor, challenge and control costs across the business; proactively identifying saving opportunities and ensuring performance in line with budget
- Provide monthly reporting pack with commentary on month-end performance to support budget holders and the wider finance teams' understanding of costs vs budget / forecast
- Provide ad hoc financial support to the PMEM Director, HoF and associated leadership team as required
- Get involved with major projects looking at the viability of new technologies, improving our Manufacturing operations and ensuring our engineering time is used wisely
Ideally, you’ll have the following skills and experience:
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA / ICAEW / CIMA / ICAS)
- 5 years + work experience, preferably in Manufacturing
- Evidence of business partnering experience in previous role
- Good technical and accounting knowledge
- Ability to analyse and challenge data
- Strong planning, prioritisation, and presentation skills
- Comfortable managing multiple tasks with tight deadlines
- A proactive and can-do attitude
- Experience of M3 Cloudsuite, Tagetik and Basware would be advantageous
Package & remuneration:
Here are some of the perks and rewards:
- A highly competitive salary + 20% on target bonus
- Pension plan and Life Assurance
- Hybrid working
- Generous holiday entitlement, with option to ‘buy’ or ‘sell‘
- A focus on continued personal development
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Paid time off work for volunteering in the community
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme, which helps promote and support a healthy lifestyle
For more information on remuneration or for an initial confidential discussion, please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross – 07494 280 500 / [email protected]
All 3rd party applications or CV’s shared will be referred to Aggreko’s retained advisor Harry Young for review.