Rutherford Cross is excited to be retained again by their key life sciences client Collagen Solutions in Glasgow to recruit a newly created Finance Business Partner role.
Collagen Solutions is a global leader in collagen-based biomaterials supply and development for use in regenerative medicine and medical devices. They are an exciting fast-paced growth company who have recently been taken over by RDI a US based private company. Prior to this take over the business was AIM listed.
Collagen Solutions is headquartered in Scotland and has a global reach including staff in USA, Australia, New Zealand the UK and South Korea. The business is at an early stage and has a high growth trajectory going forward. The business engineers regenerative biomaterials and medical devices from natural collagen proteins, animal tissues and other biomaterials. Collagen Solutions apply their expertise across the value chain, from raw materials supply, product development, contract manufacturing, and their own proprietary products to address key markets and applications in regenerative medicine.
The Finance Business Partner is an integral part of the Collagen Solutions team in Glasgow and will report directly into the Group Financial Controller. The role is a newly created role due to future projected growth and focus on linking finance and manufacturing. As the business continues to grow and diversify, so too does the need for an ambitious Finance Business Partner who has the ability to progress within the business.
The main duties and responsibilities will involve:
- Working closely with both the operations team and commercial finance to provide the MI giving insight on production performance – focusing specifically on revenue, gross margin and inventory.
- Delivering accurate and timely input to the monthly management accounts process including preparation and distribution of monthly reports with associated commentary.
- Preparation and submission of claims for both SE Grant and R&D tax credit, liasing with both internal and external stakeholders
- Taking on other duties as required to support the Financial Controller and Commercial Finance Manager.
- Ownership of physical stock count monthly onsite in Glasgow
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Preference of a qualified accountant- CIMA/ACCA/part qualified
- Excellent Excel skills
- Ability to manage time and priorities to ensure deadlines are met
- Understanding and previous experience of medical device industry desired but not essential
- Previous Management Accounting/Finance Business Partner experience desirable
- Exceptional organisational, communication (verbal and written), presentation and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Strong working knowledge of ERP systems helpful, with experience of production systems an added bonus
- Attention to detail, effective problem solving, ability to deal with ambiguity and decision- making skills
- Knowledge of MS project software, Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint