Edinburgh Airport is Scotland’s busiest and UK’s 6th busiest airport with more than 30 airlines serving more than 2oo routes worldwide. The airport reported more than 13.4 million passengers in 2017 as it recorded it busiest year in history. It was the second successive year where the airport added more than 1 million passengers and illustrates the success of its commercial strategy and position as one of the UK’s fastest growing airports.
To support future commercial growth Edinburgh Airport continues to invest in its asset base with major programmes underway to increase stand capacity, expand the terminal building and provide additional operational capacity in baggage, check-in, security and immigration.
From a broader perspective, studies show that the airport contributes almost £1 billion to the Scottish economy every year and supports more than 23,000 jobs across Scotland.
Edinburgh Airport invested £50 million in 2017 across a variety of projects in the terminal and across the airfield. This included a terminal expansion, pavement and taxiway repairs, and the improvement and expansion of the baggage hall. With more than £200 million of capital expenditure expected between now and 2023 and over 150 projects to manage, it is an extremely exciting time to take on the role of Finance Business Partner for Capital Investment at Edinburgh Airport.
This is a hands-on analytical finance role to ensure strong financial governance of the airport’s capital expenditure programme and helps to shape the future direction of the business through sound and insightful financial analysis. Furthermore, it is an extremely visible role that will require an individual of the highest calibre to interact with the Airport’s Executive and Leadership Teams.
- Monitoring individual project spend against approved limits and working with project managers to ensure spend is well controlled
- Monitoring the overall level of spend to ensure we are on track with overall budgeted levels
- Reporting on overall capital project spend against approved limits to the airport’s Capital Approvals Committee
- Representing Finance at the periodic Capital Assurance Group forums
- Generating investment appraisals on capital projects measuring key financial metrics such as IRR, payback and NPV
- Providing support during the budget and forecast process for the cost centre managers
- Producing post investment reviews of critical capital projects working with senior management to investigate the effectiveness of our capital programme
- Line management responsibility for the Financial Accountant
- Providing insightful analysis, interpretation and explanation of trends and variances across the business
- Providing financial support and guidance on key business decisions
- Identifying and helping to drive opportunities for cost reduction and efficiency.
- Building the annual Budget and ensuring buy-in from the business
- Challenging the business on expected levels for future costs
- Leading quarterly re-forecasts taking account of material external and internal factors
- Helping to drive the future strategic direction of the business through production of 5 year financial plans
- Improving monthly reporting to ensure it meets requirements of key leaders in the business
- Identifying underlying causes for variances from budgets and forecasts and developing corrective actions to ensure financial targets can be achieved.
- Monitoring the monthly financial performance of the business.
- Providing insightful comment on financial performance for the Executive team and the Board.
As a leading member of the finance team, this is a role requiring an individual with commitment, drive and ambition. The successful candidate will spend the majority of their time with likes of the Capital Director and the leading members of the Project Delivery team and it is therefore essential the candidate can build relationships with and influence key stakeholders.
Key requirements include:
- Professional Accountancy Qualification (e.g. CA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills combined with business acumen;
- Proven commercial experience influencing senior stakeholders and their decision making;
- Ability to take responsibility for decision making and possess sufficient gravitas to challenge current thinking and drive positive change;
- Motivated self-starter with a flexible ‘can-do’ attitude
- Remains calm when under pressure and when working to deadlines;
£50,000+ depending on experience
Employer Pension Contribution
Free on-site parking