Rutherford Cross is delighted to be retained by a well-established, privately held asset management firm to appoint a newly created Finance and Governance Manager. The firm has a broad institutional client base and specialises in investing in long-only publicly traded global equities. This role will report directly into the Head of Operations and will primarily focus on Risk Management, Compliance and Finance.
The postholder will have responsibility for monitoring and mitigating business risks and ensuring that the firm is compliant with all its contractual and regulatory obligations and will provide assurance, advice and challenge with a view to driving risk awareness and accountability across the firm. The successful candidate will also be responsible for several finance duties, including the review of accounts prepared by their Accountants. Amongst other financial responsibilities, the candidate will assist with the preparation of accounts, financial statements, tax returns and provide advice to the firm as to issues and responsibilities in this area.
The Risk, Compliance & Finance Manager’s role is broad in nature and highly visible within the business, therefore requires an individual of the highest calibre. The position requires extensive interaction with all areas of the business and demands a ‘can-do’ individual who is comfortable managing and prioritising different tasks and assisting with various ad hoc tasks and projects as the business requires, across the Legal, Audit, Tax, Technology and Corporate Affairs disciplines.
The firm is offering an excellent opportunity for a driven finance and/or risk professional to join their team and develop their career in a high-performance environment.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Conduct monitoring reviews
- Draft detailed internal audit reports
- Assist in review of Group KOP's to ensure compliance issues covered
- Assist with review and preparation of RFPs, RFIs and other client information requests
- Assist with preparation and review of the Firm’s ICAAP, including stress testing, reverse stress testing, wind down analysis etc.
- Review of monthly management and annual accounts plus cash flow forecasting
- Payment of invoices, analysis of accruals/prepayments, monthly bank reconciliations, filing of financial records, bank transfers, maintenance of fixed asset register
- Advise of corporate financial & tax issues
- Preparation of projections of FCA capital adequacy obligations, quarterly and annual FCA financial returns, FOR calculations, and computation of annual FCA fees
Owing to the varied nature of the role, the organisation is interested in speaking to individuals from various backgrounds including: Finance, Risk, Compliance or Governance who are interested in developing their experience across a broad remit
To be considered for the opportunity you will need to have the following:
- Positive, can do attitude
- Degree qualified with a strong academic track record
- Maintain PQE consummate with a role at this level of responsibility
- Commercially aware and credible with the ability to influence decision making
- Strong analytical, organisational and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills with an ability to influence key members of senior management
- Ability to assess and drive business improvement projects
- Excellent English language skills, both written and verbal
- Brings energy and naturally motivated
- High levels of drive and personal commitment to achieve success
- Remains calm when under pressure
- Commercially curious and relishes challenges
- Results driven and respect for deadlines
- Knowledge of SEC/FCA regulatory issues and/or tax (US/UK) preferred, although not required
In return you will be offered a competitive salary and benefits packaging.