Rutherford Cross is working in partnership with HEINEKEN UK to identify and engage a high calibre qualified Accountant to undertake a key role within its Reporting and Accounting team. Working for one of the world’s most instantly recognisable brands, this role offers a real step-change for Heineken in the UK, helping add value with key decision making and forecasting and reporting actuals. You will be expected to network and liaise with Stakeholders across the business for example in Sales, Marketing and Star Pubs, to gain a true understanding of the business from a cash perspective. Using this knowledge, you will own the continuous improvement model linking both their direct and indirect channels to gain a better understanding of where they can add value.
Specifically, this will include:
- Lead and promote a thorough best in class reporting and insight (root cause and action oriented mind-set) ensuring there is transparency and understanding of performance within year to date and for full year outturn to deliver targets.
- Build and develop annual budget / LE. Review the budgets agreed to ensure they are loaded accurately on core systems in line with internal budgetary timetables. To ensure risks and opportunities vs budget and LE are identified and reported on an on-going basis.
- Communicate with key stakeholders, making recommendations to and contributing to decision making process.
- Ensure that a robust control environment exists within the area of responsibility ensuring the integrity of accounting records and financial information, supporting: Reporting & Accounting team in period end close; the investment process; and compliance/exception reporting.
- Ensure a rigorous control & review process is in place within the relevant area that ensures plans are on track to deliver on agreed objectives.
- Operate as a key member of the aligned management team working closely alongside the team, challenging and influencing decision making and promoting insightful discussion on financial performance in line with local objectives.
- Provide insight, analysis and challenge on financial return and risk to support decision making. Applies to day to day decisions and wider longer term projects.
- Proactively work within your team to (i) analyse and exploit commercial business opportunities to promote profit growth; and (ii) ensure processes comply with HEINEKEN Global framework and HEINEKEN Behaviours.
- Lead projects with an impact on the operational plan or act as an SME in larger strategic and operational projects.
- Qualified Accountant, (CA) with a track record of creating value in a collaborative way with your business partners (1-3 years PQE)
- Strong working knowledge of cash flow models.
- Strong business partnering skills and can communicate effectively across a range of stakeholders in a commercially astute manner.
- A proactive and collaborative approach to problem solving
Salary - £42,000-£48,000 + generous benefits package
For more information please contact Daryl Harper at Rutherford Cross on 0131 603 8111.