Rutherford Cross is pleased to have been retained by Aggreko to appoint two Finance Analysts to its Lomondgate site in Dumbarton.
Aggreko is the global leader in temporary power generation and temperature control. The business, which is headquartered in Scotland, has significant scale with revenues of almost £2bn earned from operations in 80 countries, and is at the forefront of helping its customer manage the energy transition by providing the greenest possible energy solutions.
Aggreko’s purpose is to power progress by delivering energy everywhere. The business delivers power, heat and cooling to customers and communities, regardless of location, from the busiest cities to the most remote places on earth. The company employs 6,500 specialists from all corners of the globe. The range of projects the business is involved in is vast, from cooling gold mines in Australia to bringing electricity to events like the Olympics, to powering factories in Nigeria and warming neighbourhoods in Romania. Aggreko also brings relief when hurricanes and wildfires strike.
Aggreko is continually innovating to meet the future with confidence – supplying power on demand, anywhere in the world, while respecting the environment. With the world facing an estimated power gap of 100 GW by the end of this decade, quick, scalable power and energy storage are set to be even more crucial to industry, communities and entire economies.
Aggreko is at the cutting edge of technology, with its focus on renewable innovation. The drive for businesses, governments, and individuals to transition to a greener, cleaner world is accelerating. The energy crisis is reaching all corners of the globe and is increasing the demand for alternative energy solutions. Aggreko is guiding its customers through this energy transition, partnering with them to provide sustainable, resilient energy solutions.
Background to the Opportunity
There has been a recent restructuring within the Finance team, whereby a “Future of Finance” programme has been introduced, with transactional accounting activities being outsourced. The business is now keen to ensure that they have a pipeline of emerging top talent to drive standards with a best-of-class finance function in the West of Scotland. Given the exceptional financial results the business has achieved in recent years and their ambitions for further growth, Aggreko is an ideal environment for a flourishing finance professional looking to make the most of exciting career development opportunities.
These roles represent an exciting opportunity for talented finance professionals who possess the desire to join a high-growth and innovative company, headquartered in Scotland. It is crucial that the appointed candidates have a track record of high achievement in their early careers and are driven to continually develop to the benefit of themselves and Aggreko.
We are looking to appoint 2 x Finance Analysts to Aggreko’s Lomondgate Site in Dumbarton. These are key roles within the Finance Department and are responsible for providing strong financial reporting, business partnering & analysis for the Commercial, Product Management, Engineering & Manufacturing teams.
As a Finance Analyst, you will provide valuable data analysis and reporting to contribute to the accurate financial reporting and controls. You will also build on the current procedures in place to ensure valuable Management reporting and KPIs are created to evidence financial performance.
These roles are stakeholder focused and you will have the opportunity to genuinely affect change in the business unit that you are a part of, adding value, influencing non-finance decision-makers and building relationships across the business.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- You will provide valuable data analysis and reporting to contribute to accurate financial reporting and controls. You will also build on the current procedures in place to ensure valuable Management reporting and KPIs are created to evidence financial performance
- You will prepare monthly financial results and KPI’s and use these to explain the performance of the business to members of the Leadership team and work with them to drive improvements
- Business Partner with non-finance stakeholders to constructively challenge and provide ideas to help improve the business and it’s operations
- Get involved with major projects looking at the viability of new technologies, improving our Manufacturing operations and ensuring our engineering time is used wisely
- Prepare of quarterly forecasting and the annual budget
- Support the presentation of Financial Quarterly Results to Senior Management
- Challenge cost management to ensure all costs are complete and coded accurately. To work with and support the budget owners to ensure forecasting is accurate and costs are within budget
- Preparation of VAT return, RDEC, grant accounting and tax information as required
- Monitor and prepare Capex submissions and approvals including Intangible Assets for both Manufacturing and Development Projects
Package & Remuneration
Here are some of the perks and rewards:
- £40,000 - £47,500 DOE + 10% on target bonus with up to 20% max
- Pension plan and Life Assurance
- Hybrid working
- Generous holiday entitlement, with option to ‘buy’ or ‘sell‘
- A focus on continued personal development
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Paid time off work for volunteering in the community
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme, which helps promote and support a healthy lifestyle
For more information on remuneration or for an initial confidential discussion, please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross, [email protected]