Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working with a hugely ambitious business in the utilities sector to appoint a Finance Analyst.
A recent change in the company's growth plan has resulted in greater need for MI, with an emphasis on revenue streams. The role reports into both the mainstream Finance/Accounting department and Commercial. This is a newly created role that requires someone with an inquisitive nature and excellent analytical skills. If the successful candidate is able to produce meaningful MI to support strategic decision-making, then there is scope for monetary rewards and career development. Prior experience of the utilities sector would be advantageous but is not essential.
Key duties include:
- Assess and report on portfolio performance, ensuring the key drivers are understood in order to maximise profitability and inform decision making
- Develop a robust reporting suite that effectively captures and presents portfolio performance metrics
- Assess and review the company’s Asset Valuation models to ensure that the models and their key inputs, are and remain, optimised, fit for purpose and aligned with the business plan and strategic objectives
- Develop testing and reporting on Asset Value performance against expectation
- Provide detailed analysis using complex economic modelling and large volumes of data
- Take ownership of the design and execution of reporting to senior management on bespoke data analysis projects to inform strategic decision making
The successful candidate will have experience working in an analytical role within the finance department of a large scale business. First rate Excel skills are essential as is the ability to build rapport with stakeholders at all levels. The post-holder will be comfortable challenging data and will be confident presenting.
- Salary £35,000- £40,000
- Entitled to Company Bonus
- Pension scheme – 3% EE with 6% ER or 4% EE with 7% ER
- Life Cover – 4 x Basic Salary
- Holidays – 25 days plus 9 bank holidays
- Holiday buy back and family friendly benefits