Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working with a leading global financial services firm to appoint a Compliance Director into the EMEA Tax Department.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Managing tax compliance for UK and Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) tax jurisdiction entities:
- Key control in ensuring tax data is accurately captured, identifying and assessing areas of tax risk
- Identify tax risk and involvement in executing solutions in respect of new or changing business activities
- Tax audit management, with legal entity controller and advisor liaison in the UK and overseas.
- Review of quarterly effective tax rate reporting, as well as the year-end tax provision process both for US GAAP group reporting and for IFRS/ European GAAP individual company reporting.
- Overseas and UK financial statement disclosure reviews.
- Corporate income tax return review and submissions. Dealing with issues such as taxation of branches, foreign tax credits, CFCs etc.
- Tax payment calculation review
- US Federal Annual Tax reporting (5471)
- Monthly General Ledger balance attestation for Deferred and Current Tax Provisions
- System expert in global tax provision calculation packages.
- Identify and research UK and EMEA tax technical matters, including the impact of Finance Act changes.
- Coaching and development of team
- Driving innovation and efficiency improvement
- Manage communication with Senior Tax Management
- Technical training delivery and support
- EMEA tax compliance risk owner, assisting with RCSA and SAO preparation.
- EMEA Tax Compliance Policy and documentation
This exciting role would suit a tax professional with experience of working in UK corporate tax within either practice or industry.
Experience of US GAAP and the US tax system is advantageous but not essential.
For more information and a confidential discussion, please contact Amy Peoples on 07494 280 152 or [email protected].