Permanent Cost Accountant job with our £100m turnover client based in South Lanarkshire. Reporting to the Financial Controller you will be responsible for:
- Development of an existing Standard Costing model to meet the business needs of this newly created sub-division within the Company
- Using Standard Costing methodology produce reports on the cost of leasing and maintaining a large number of high value plant items
- Liaising with the Plant Team to maximise and utilise the availability of machinery
- Business Partner with the Plant Team regarding actual spend against budgeted spend
- Using financial models to produce forecasts
- Undertaking of cost monitoring and variance analysis
- Extensive use of Excel to monitor the cost of machinery by item
- Preparation of Cost Reports for Senior Management to inform product pricing
Applications accepted from both qualified and ‘qualified by experience’ Cost Accountants. It is essential that you are an Advanced Excel user, have excellent communication skills and can display a track record in Costing probably from an Engineering, Manufacturing or Oil & Gas background. Salary circa £40,000 - £45,000 per annum. Interviews in October 2014.
To apply or for a confidential discussion, please contact Grant Atkinson at Rutherford Cross.