I am delighted to be partnered with a fast-growing family-owned FMCG business in Lanarkshire to appoint the newly created position of Cost Accountant. Reporting directly to the Financial Controller you will play a key role in analysing and reporting actual manufacturing costs against standard costs, and collaboratively working with stakeholders to improve business performance to maximise profit.
Ideally, we are looking to engage with individuals who have prior costing experience in an FMCG/Manufacturing/Engineering business either in a full Cost Accountant role or being involved in costing as part of a wider finance role. Happy to consider PQ/QBE/Qual as it is the cost experience, strong excel skills and the ability to manage stakeholders that are most important for this position.
- Review and keep product pricing schedules up to date
- Close collaboration with Commercial/NPD, performing financial modelling scenarios
- Create product pricing schedules for new products
- Ensure accuracy of master data for all product parts
- Review and challenge assumptions for the Bill of Material (BOM) for all products
- Regular updates of standard costs
- Monitor, analyse and report on variances in actual costs against standard costs
- Review and improve all product costing and reporting processes
- Complete ad hoc duties for the Financial Controller and Finance Director
- FMCG or manufacturing and cost accounting experience
- Experience/ understanding of standard costings
- Advanced Excel skills and familiarity with ERP systems
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 500.