Rutherford Cross are pleased to be working in partnership with a global FMCG business based in Lanarkshire to appoint a Cost Accountant. This is a rare opportunity to join a close-knit team in a business-critical role. The role is primarily responsible for the Management Accounting for two entities, one based in Europe, and one based in Scotland.
As the business has an international presence, it is expected that at least one per quarter there would be some travel to Europe. Beyond this the business operates a hybrid and flexible working model and offers a highly competitive package including a salary of up to 44k + bonus and study support. Due to size and scope of the business there are significant opportunities for you to progress upwards within the company as they have a track record of promoting internally.
Ideally, we are looking for Management Accountants from a Manufacturing background who have experience in standard costing, or Cost Accountants with a demonstratable track record in a previous Cost Accounting role. My client is happy to consider Qualified/PQ/QBE.
Key Performance Areas
- Timely and accurate delivery of Month end Reports for Devro B.V. (Netherlands) with support of the supply chain finance manager
- Timely preparation of the IBP information in cooperation with Supply Chain Finance Manager
- Provide adequate support to the Supply Chain Finance Team
- Ensure the fiscal and statutory requirements are observed for the company to be compliant with local legislation with the support from the Supply Chain Finance Manager.
- Month end/year end reporting including completing monthly management accounts, revenue, cost of sales, manufacturing cost variances, operating expenses, group projects, exceptional items and miscellaneous income and expenses.
- End to end finance support for a the business (Supply Chain finance, Commercial support, financial accounting, including taking a wholistic view of the business)
- Developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to produce accurate and timely financial statements.
- Protect company assets by enforcing controls and company policies.
- Ensures all Balance Sheet recs are completed on a monthly basis.
- Pro-actively support the communication of deviations from expected financial performance.
- Support the preparation of the annual plan and managing the standard cost update process.
- Provide monthly forecasts as part of the Integrated Business planning (IBP) process.
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on [email protected] / 07494 280 500.