Rutherford Cross are delighted to be partnered with one of the largest life-sciences & pharmaceutical businesses in the world to help them appoint a Cost Accountant at their centre of excellence in Renfrew. The organisation is focused on scientific research and its mission statement is to make the world ‘a cleaner, better & safer place’.
Ideally, for this Cost Accountant position we are looking for someone with strong cost accounting experience within a manufacturing/logistics/FMCG environment, someone who is used to interfacing with warehouse staff and understands variance analysis/PPV etc. Happy to consider QBE or Part-Qualified and if you have been doing Cost Accounting as part of a wider role this would also be suitable. Due to the size of the company, there are opportunities to progress your career quickly, you will be surrounded by other ambitious individuals and get significant exposure to a H rapidly growing industry sector that has high relevance for the future viability of our planet.
- Assist in the analysis of financial data and extracts and assess relevant information; interpret data for the purpose of applying past financial performance to future standards.
- Develop financial reports from various accounting and information systems (specifically E1, SAP and EDW) for use in forecasting, trending, and results analysis. Validate accuracy of the financial results.
- Provide support as required for cost benefit analysis related to projects and/or programs.
- Reconcile ending inventory balances on monthly basis. Serve as owner of transactional data associated with inventory moves.
- Manage the excess and obsolete inventory reserves based on guidance from corporate policy.
- Actively participate and provide leadership in various projects to improve the operational and financial effectiveness of the plant related to the standard costs of individual SKUs.
- Use various software applications, such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphics packages to format data and assemble reports.
- Participate in annual budgeting and standard cost roll.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or the equivalent education and experience are required.
- Part qualified CIMA or ACCA or Relevant QBE
- Requires a functional knowledge of manufacturing and cost accounting.
- Must demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers as well the ability to handle confidential and proprietary information.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross for an initial confidential discussion on 07494 280 500 or at [email protected]