Corporate Treasurer - Edrington
Reporting to the Group Finance Director, the Corporate Treasurer is a critical position, responsible for developing and delivering the Treasury strategy and operational Treasury management for the Group. The individual will have important stakeholder management responsibilities across multiple business functions and externally, they will also lead the development of global shared service centres and the implementation of systems and processes to support this. With three direct reports and eleven indirect reports, key accountabilities include cash management across the Group, cash forecasting, liquidity management, facility management, intercompany funding, foreign exchange management, treasury accounting and reporting, banking relationships and administration, and all associated supporting processes and controls.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
- The role is responsible for the Group Treasury strategy which includes:
- Foreign currency exposures
- Interest rate hedging
- Financing of the business
- Global credit policies
- Developing and implementing global treasury policies, procedures and control framework and ensuring global compliance
- Developing and enhancing relationships with our existing suppliers of finance whilst also identifying and building relationships with new potential suppliers of finance
- Negotiating and leading the re-financing of group banking facilities and new private placement lending
- Ensuring ongoing compliance with borrowing facilities and agreements and treasury requirements as defined by all other relevant regulatory authorities
- Negotiating and securing finance for global distribution entities, provision of transactional banking and associated guarantees and supplier trade finance agreements.
- Delivering high quality global cash forecasting and reporting to support business decision making
- Advising on and implementing interest and foreign exchange hedging activity to manage group exposure
- Leading the financing of any acquisition or change in corporate structure
- Identifying ways of simplifying our hedging and banking strategies to reduce complexity
- Ensuring efficient and timely day to day cash management, investing surplus funds as appropriate, repatriating, and transferring balances, and ensuring any borrowing requirements are highlighted well in advance
- Developing and grow shared service centres globally with the implementation of systems and standardised processes and robust controls
- Technical expert on all technical treasury matters and point of contact for internal stakeholder queries
- Preparation and presentation of technical papers for quarterly Treasury Committee and other ad hoc committee or board meetings.
- Review of group cash flow statement and treasury numbers within monthly KPIs and preparation of treasury numbers for plan, forecast and disclosures for statutory accounts in accordance with the provision of IFRS standards
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the latest technical developments in treasury matters, systems and regulations
- Oversee projects involving the implementation of new cash management systems
- Oversee and support the team with the provision of training on new systems
- Leading and developing the Treasury team, providing oversight and direction at both strategic and operational levels with a culture of continuous improvement
- Line management responsibility for three direct reports – Global Shared Service Centre Manager, Treasury Reporting Manager and Treasury Manager and eleven indirect reports
- Finance Leadership - Act as a key contributor to the financial leadership group and represent the interests of the business unit within the senior finance community.
- CA, ACCA, CIMA qualified accountant (or equivalent)
- Treasury qualification (ACT, or MCT)
- Prior leadership experience within a Corporate Treasury function commensurate to this level of role
- Highly professional with an ability to adopt a Partnership approach and build a strong rapport with internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced technical knowledge of hedging and financing
- Have a track record of working effectively in senior teams and influencing decisions
- Strong commercial acumen, resilience, confidence and willingness to excel with a focus on a continuous improvement
- Have strong leadership skills with a demonstrable track record of teamwork, collaboration and developing high performing teams
- The gravitas, experience and ability to challenge the status quo and be a catalyst for change
- The ability to build networks and influence key stakeholders internally and externally
- Strong IT and systems skills - Advanced excel user who is comfortable with complex spreadsheets with Experience of SAP and BI
This rare opportunity will offer a very competitive package. To discuss in confidence please contact the retained advisor, [email protected] or call 07494 280 152.