Rutherford Cross is partnering on an exclusive basis with an insurance broker in Glasgow to appoint a Direct Tax Manager on a 12-month fixed term contract.
The postholder will work within the UK Group Tax team, with key responsibility for UK corporation tax compliance, reporting and advisory.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage UK corporation tax compliance process, including reviewing all computations and returns, ensuring accurate and timely submission to HMRC
- Calculate quarterly corporation tax payments due to HMRC and ensuring timely payment
- Manage preparation of UK corporation tax provision for UK GAAP statutory accounts, this will involve managing and developing the relationship with the external tax audit team
- Prepare US GAAP quarterly reporting packs for the group’s US parent
- Responsibility for corporation tax balance sheet reconciliations within ERP system
- Allocate work to team members in an efficient manner and ensure all deadlines and key priorities are met
- Participate in managing tax team’s relationship with HMRC
- Ensure SOX requirements are fully met.
The ideal candidate will be CTA-qualified with at least 2 or 3 years post-qualified experience.