Rutherford Cross is pleased to be engaged by one of our key clients, a highly reputable accountancy and business advisory firm, to help recruit a Corporate Tax Assistant Manager to be based in Glasgow or Edinburgh. Our client supports all kinds of different businesses in different sectors across the UK and around the world. You’ll be providing Tax Advisory services to start-ups and scale-ups, to private businesses and FTSE listed multinationals.
The primary responsibility will be to deal with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients. You will also provide assistance to Managers/Director/Principals/Partners in both client work and in the management of the group and on occasions the practice. Will be involved in special assignments on an ad hoc basis. A key part of the role requires the individual to actively seek, and keep the Partner informed about, any new business opportunities arising on existing and new clients.
- Provide Tax compliance and advisory services to a wide range of clients using resource from a shared service team or via technology tools.
- Manage a substantial portfolio of clients including control of client take on and engagement, billings, and identification of opportunities to improve recoveries, together with cash collection.
- Pays attention to self-development and continuing professional education with a view to progressing within practice.
- Develops professional relationships with clients and within the Firm and adapts the approach for the relevant audience.
- Understands potential risks to the Firm in relation to the Firm’s quality control procedures and raising to the appropriate person.
- Get involved in special assignments on an ad hoc basis.
- Guide and supervise less experienced colleagues.
- Support, train, mentor and advise others in own area.
- Challenge current practice – driving improvements and championing change.
- Take personal responsibility for own decisions and actions and those of others.
- Lead complex projects.
This opportunity represents an ideal opportunity for a qualified tax or accounting professional with an in depth, up to date, knowledge of taxation with specialist knowledge and the ability to deal with complex tax issues.
A highly competitive salary is on offer as well as an excellent benefits package with a range of voluntary flexible benefits to choose from.
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please reach out to Amy Ferguson at [email protected]