Rutherford Cross is working in partnership with one of Scotland’s market leading companies who has a strong presence internationally. The company is seeking to identify and engage a high calibre qualified Accountant to undertake a recently created key finance role within the organisation. The focus of the role will entail financial accounting in the form of compiling and processing information to generate financial reports and accounts to be presented to members of the Senior Team. In addition, the individual will be operating out of the Glasgow Head Office and will be focused in dealing with the German aspect of the business.
This rare opportunity will allow for the individual to continuously improve and regularly speak German, furthermore, it will expose the candidate to the international market and include several business trips to Germany. In addition, as a result of being part of a growing company this will create new opportunities that could further enhance a candidate’s skillset.
The main duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Accurate and timely management accounting
- Supporting forecasting and budgeting in conjunction with General Managers
- Treasury management
- Maintenance of a strong control environment
- Oversee customer invoicing and credit control
- Oversee purchase ledger and supplier payments
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Prepare and review monthly finance and sales reports
- Perform ad hoc financial projects
- Liaison with Head Office in the UK
- Liaison with Company Bankers, Solicitors and Auditors
Desirable knowledge or skills are as follows:
- Knowledge of IFRS would be advantageous
- Sound financial management experience.
To be considered an applicant for this role the individual should be degree qualified and hold a professional accountancy qualification. The nature of this role requires the individual to communicate in German both verbally and in writing as you will be working closely with colleagues in the German office. In addition, it would be beneficial if the applicant had previously had experience of managing a remote international finance function.
What To Do Next:
To apply or for a confidential discussion, please contact our advisor, Grant Atkinson, at Rutherford Cross. Please note that any direct or third party applications will be passed to Rutherford Cross for review and assessment.